Meeting Mackenzie😁😘😁😘

Sabrina's POV
Today was a really cold and rainy day and I was bored. Rowan has been away visiting her family and she won't be back until tomorrow. So that's out, even though it's raining I decided to go for a walk. I got dressed in skinny jeans and a thick long sleeve turtleneck. I put on my boots and rain coat and grabbed my umbrella before out of the house. I locked my front door opened my umbrella and started my walk.

After about an hour the wind started picking up and it started raining harder. Also my legs started to hurt so I decided to head home. As I was walking I walked past an alley and I heard whimpering. So being the kind person I am I decided to investigate and see if I could help.It was kinda dark because of the storm so I got my phone out and turned on my flashlight. I slowly made my way down the alley looking left and right for the person that was whimpering.

The alley was a dead end and what I saw shocked me. It was a little girl who looked about 3 or 4 years old curled up on the cold hard ground. The only thing she had was the clothes she had on and a stuffed unicorn that was two different blues. It was pastel blue and dark blue, but it was also super dirty. She looked super cold, she was soaked and shivering. I don't know what came over me but I suddenly felt the need to protect and care for her.

I wanted to get a better look at her so I squatted down and lifted my flashlight to her face. When she noticed that I was in front of her, her eyes went wide. "P-please don't hurt me. I-I don't know w-what I did b-but I promise I w-won't do it again." She said and you tell she was petrified. "Hey princess you didn't do anything wrong and I promise I will never hurt you." I said giving her a soft smile.

I felt so bad for this little girl I could only imagine what she has gone through in her short life. "Hi my name is Sabrina what's your name princess?"  I asked seeing if she'd talk to me. Her big brown eyes looked into my blue as if she was looking for something. "Nice to meet you Sabrina my name is Kenzie." She said with a small smile. "It's nice to meet you Kenzie, how old are you?" I asked and she took a minute to think and slowly counted her fingers. "I is this many." She said lifting up 5 fingers and smiled proudly.

I smiled at her cuteness but soon my smile falls realizing she just said she was only 5 years old. She looked really cold and I know how sensitive kids immune system is and I know how easy it is for them to get sick. I took off my coat and put it over her, she looked kinda shocked and she tried to take it off but I zipped it and her arms were too short to unzip it.

"Hey Kenzie where are your parents they must be worried." I said and she looked down, now I regret asking. "I don't have parents, my mom died giving birth to me and my dad gave me away because I killed his girlfriend." She said then she looked up into my eyes her big brown eyes looking into my blue ones. I could see the tears starting to brim in her eyes. I was so sorry for her she was so small and malnourished.

"Hey princess if you don't have parents where do you live?" I asked knowing she hasn't lived out here all her life. "Well I did live in an orphanage but the owner kicked out a few days ago because I accidentally spilled my cereal." She said and to say I was mad would be an understatement. I was fucking pissed. "What's the orphanage called?" I asked knowing she probably doesn't know. "It's called Mrs. Agnes' home for girls." She said and I was shocked that she actually knows. Wait that was the name of the orphanage Rowan and I are going to tomorrow. We were gonna sing a song for the girls and hang out with a few girls. We were gonna sing 'take on the world' a song I wrote a long time ago.

"Well I'm going there tomorrow and I don't want you to have to live out here all by yourself so I'm gonna adopt you." I said and she looked shocked then I saw tears starting to grow in her eyes but she was also smiling so I'm guessing they were tears of joy. "You're gonna adopt me?" She asked still not believing me. I nodded and the next thing I know she is in my arms hugging me tightly. I hug her back and kiss her temples. "Come on baby girl let's get you home and in the bath." I said turning around and walking out of the alley with my new daughter in my arms. I really hope Rowan is okay with this I would really hate to lose her.