chapter 1, the arrival.

..i walked out of my house and opened the mailbox, as it was part of my daily routine. as i checked, i noticed a smaller letter of the bunch, which seemed a lot more 'fancier' than normal ones. i thought it was strange, and decided to take it inside to take a look at it. it had fancy lettering, but it had a strange, how do you put it..? 'aura' in a way. i decided to open it, as my curiosity was over the roof. 'why would someone put all this effort in a letter to me?' i thought. shrugging, i took a closer look at the letter inside.  it was something about a prize at a manor. i thought it was strange, how they knew i was struggling due to unemployment, but i decided to go along with it for now. i looked at the address provided at the bottom of the page, and grabbed my keys, walking to the door.

as i was driving my car, i repeatedly asked myself the same question. 'why am i trusting that this isn't some type of sick prank? surely some kids would go through the trouble to make such a note as this.' i sighed, and kept driving, ignoring that recurring question. as i got closer to the place, i saw a big manor, that probably cost more than my entire life savings. i looked at the letter i received again, and realized 𝙩𝙝𝙖𝙩 was the place i was supposed to be at. i shivered a bit, after pulling in front of the gate. i saw a shadow through one of the windows, then the blinds closed. 'i'm probably just hallucinating.' i reassured myself, waiting in the car. the gate then opened, and i had a feeling that i shouldn't drive my car in. so, i got out of my car, and started to walk towards the manor. i stood outside the door, waiting. then, after a bit, i blacked out.