Chapter 1.

May 5, 2005

The weather is perfect. God, how the sunshine warmed up the bedroom. A smile formed, looking down at my lovely lady.

Grace Bloom.

"Good morning, honey." I wrapped an arm lazily around her waist to recieve a beautiful smile from her.

Every time she would show off her white gorgeous teeth and those adorable dimples, my heart raced so much and butterflies flew excitedly in my stomach.

Just having her with me every day made me the happiest guy ever. To wake up every morning to her smile, her voice, and especially her next to me.

"Good morning, Kyle." Her morning voice echoed in my ears. It was so soft, so timid. The way I loved it.

Grace pressed her small, skinny body over mines. It sometimes scared me that I would break her by hugging her or even looking at her. She yawned out to get all the tiredness from her.

I pressed my lips against her forehead quickly. "What would you like for breakfast, darling." Getting up and stretching out my aching body. Cracks were heard and I assumed they were quite loud by the way Grace looked at me in horror.

"Kyle! Don't ever do that! You know I hate that horrid sound!"

I chuckled in response, not wanting her happy little mood to turn ugly in the early morning.

I shifted to the curtains to open it up. The sun's rays bounce through the window and into the large bedroom, like if I had released it from inside a small box.
Again, a big grin formed on my face. The bright sun rays shone on Grace's white skin. Her green emerald eyes popped out more and freckles were now visible.

"Get up, lazy butt." I shouted at Grace from the hallway. In response, her laugh was heard from the room.

The kitchen was a bit chilly, making me uncomfortable since I hated the cold. My arms filled with goosebumps and my legs trempled a bit.

I reached one of the cup boards for the pancake mix. Reaching for a bowl, I felt a pair of skinny arms wrap itself around my waist. "May I help you?" She giggled, climbing on my back. I held her tightly, so I wouldn't drop her. "I'm only here to keep you company, hun." I chuckled at her and continued with what I was doing.

------------

"...And then I fell on my butt and screamed until my mom ran over to me to help me up."

It was past 9 and Grace and I were laughing out to my childhood memories. I knew I shouldn't have poured chocolate chips in the pancake batter because chocolate made her go bonkers.

A couple breathless minutes of laughing, the dinning room grew with silence. It was the comfortable silence though. "Well, I guess it's time to clean up this mess." The table was filled with plates, pancake crumbs, and lots of sticky syrup. Grace chuckled as we both got up. I picked up the dishes and she went to wipe off the tables.

The same moment, the phone rings. "Baby, can you go answer it? I've got my hands full with these plates." I continued washing the dishes, putting my full attention of them.

After I finished, I walked into the living room. My heart dropped when I saw the scene. Grace Bloom was crying. Crying like a child lost their mother. "Love, what's wrong!" I sat next to her, bringing her into a hug. Her loud sobbing was breaking me. To see her in this state of mind was horrible. I didn't know what to do other than comfort her.