intro

"Keegan get down here right now" I heard my father call from downstairs. Oh boy, this isn't going to be good. He's probably going to yell at me about my grades or why I flipped off my teacher the other day. It's not like he could punish me anymore. I'm already grounded for getting an F in pre-algebra. Now don't get me wrong, I'm not a bad kid at all, I'm just not that smart when it comes to school. I don't know where I got my stupidity from because my whole family always got straight A's. Especially my sister Laney. She had it all, the great boyfriend, the big house, the perfect job along with my parents complete adoration and attention. She was everything my parents wish I was.

I started walking downstairs and if I were 12 I would already be crying but I've grown too strong to show my weaknesses in front of my parents because it's not like they would pity me anyway. I start to hear my mother say things like "don't be so hard this time" and "she's not going to care" and that's the truth. I just don't care anymore.

I clear my throat to make my presence known and they snapped there heads in my direction, there eyes looking me up and down as there faces fill with disappointment. My dad has some papers all over the desk which means he just got home from work and is probably pissed off but I can't blame him. If I had to come home from a long day of work to a daughter who couldn't do shit I would be pissed as well.

"Why do you have a F in math? I thought that was your best subject." He groans. "Why can't you just be like your sister and be good at all subjects." Now if this were the first time he said that I would be upset but I get compared to my sister all the time. This is nothing new.

"Oh honey, remember she doesn't have a good subject. She's shit at everything. Sometimes I think she isn't our child because she's such a retard." My mother said. Ouch.

"Um well I've been caught up at work and saving up for college. I've been spending more hours at The Coffee Shop but not that you would notice" I've been working at this coffee shop called The Coffee Shop for about 5 months now. The only reason I even want to go there is because I really want to go to college and get away from this hell I call home. And for the past few weeks this boy with curly hair has been coming in every day before work. I think his name is like Henry? I don't talk to him but I see him all the time. I'm too shy to say hi or anything.

"Are you kidding me? College?" My father starts bursting out laughing. "That's hilarious how you think you will actually make it into college. I think you need to go to special classes were they teach how to be worth something at least." I usually don't get offended but that hit me hard.

"Okay well if your done I'm going to go back in my room and get ready for work. I'm done with your shit dad." I say with a little bit of risk. Hoping he doesn't get too mad. But I failed. All I could feel was a sting on my cheek and his red hand to match. This isn't new. I started to feel tears brim at my waterline but I refuse to let my weakness show.

I start walking up to my room away from the unhappy eyes all over me and when I get to my room I break down. I start to cry and can't stop. I may be depressed but I don't know because my parents don't care enough to take me to get that checked. I soon get over it because this happens a lot so I'm used to it and put on a white short sleeve button up and a brown cupcake skirt and clip on my name tag that reads "Keegan". I walk down stairs and avoid my parents probably talking about how bad I look in my uniform.

Ever since I was little I've been chubby. 180 pounds when I was 12 and it sucked. Kids, my parents, my own sister all made sure I was aware that I was fat. I still am very large unlike my sister. She has the perfect Victoria secret model body and I had the perfect "stay home and cry and eat ice cream all night long" body. When I was younger my dad abused me and still does and I began to eat the pain away. I regret letting myself get like this but it's whatever.

Once I got to The Coffee Shop I got my apron on and got to the front counter and waited for costumers. They were always pretty rude to me and one person even said there coffee was too hot and spilled it all over me. It hurt like hell. I've never been mean to them back because I need this job. I want to go to college and but a new house so I can get away from my parents. No one else was there except my co worker Alex. He's okay, I would never confirm him as a friend but we talk sometimes. My day started off pretty rough until my favorite moment off every day comes.

He walks in.