Chapter 26

Chapter 26

Loey

Past...

You could hear how the loud cheers were replaced with gasps. The music continued so they couldn't help but just ignore what happened, but they still stole some glances as I rushed towards Tripp who fell. Liam joined me as we helped our fellow members to stand who just winced and groaned.

"It's okay, Tripp," Liam comforted him, guiding him to sit still as we waited for our manager who called for help.

I glanced back at the stage. The others continued the performance—filling our part. Sometimes, they would look at us with concern, just like the fans, but the show must go on.

Alam kong hindi tama na ipagpatuloy pa rin ang performance at kasiyahan habang may taong na-aksidente, but the audience understands that the show must go on. It's enough that two members are helping him, besides the PR team will definitely do its magic. They might filter the comments about the news, and try to do damage control for the sake of our image, like what they always do.

"We'll update you about Tripp, okay?" our manager said. Even though we wanted to stay by Tripp's side, we couldn't. So, we nodded helplessly and blended in with the other idols as we tried to enjoy the music show.

When we went inside Tripp's hospital room, we caught him wiping his tears away as he forced a smile at us.

"Don't worry. Our manager told us about how you were scolded, and even told you that you almost ruined the show," Baron said, sitting on the chair near the bed. He scoffed, examining our fellow member who was helpless on a hospital bed. "You got into a fucking accident but they only think about the show and our reputation, huh?"

"Stop it, Baron. Someone might hear you, you'll be doomed," Dred said, his voice calm. He walked towards the table on the side as he placed the fruit basket we brought and turned to Tripp. "How's your injury?"

"I only got minor injuries, Kuya Dred. I just really need to rest for two days."

The room was crowded. Well, our group consists of twelve members and we're all here inside Tripp's room. Mabuti na lang talaga na pinayagan kaming lahat na dumalaw kahit na marami kami. It's one of the perks of being a celebrity and being admitted to a VIP room.

"Dapat magpagaling ka na, ha? Ang daya, excuse ka sa training," sabi ni Nathan na nakayakap na sa braso ni Liam.

We spent our night with laughter despite the incident and hardship of our career.

We all have each other, that's all we need.

"We survived so many things together, we can't just stop now, right?" Kuya Eros' voice cracked. He was holding Kuya Kane's hand tightly. He inhaled deeply, looking up at the ceiling. "I know it might sound selfish for me to ask for you to stay strong for us, your group members, but please, stop saying that you wanted to give up."

Kuya Kane didn't say a word.

We're all tired of everything. Now, the oldest member just opened up, saying that he wanted to just stop and give up. Alam kong mas mahirap ito para sa kanya, lalo na maraming bashers na kinikuwestyon ang closeness niya kay Tripp dahil sa aksidenteng nangyari noong nakaraan. Lahat ay nagtatanong kung bakit hindi siya tumakbo nang makitang nahulog sa stage si Tripp, kung bakit patuloy lang siya sa pag-perform, at may iba pa na sinasabing hindi naman niya deserve na mapasama sa grupo na ito. Those harsh comments pierced through each one of us, especially to him. We can hide it in front of the camera, but we all know that it gave us a huge impact.