Heart Scapes

Every month I post a poll on my P/treon for the story of the month. Basically a mystery story poll, where you can vote on which AU Ereri will play around with. All of these stories will be one-shots (5k-10k words). This is for the month of August.

Special thanks to my patrons:

Tiffany Brown

Rosie Morris

John W Ballantyne

Dani Li

------

Levi took his phone and opened the calculator. His heart sunk every time he punched the high numbers and the pain lingered when he saw the sum of their bills and expenses.

Eren's income, plus the money the Levi set aside was not enough. It's only a matter of time before the land lady comes knocking on their doors.

Levi folded the list and ran a hand to his hair. Maybe he should find a job, help Eren out but who will look after Rivaille? The boy's is still being bullied in school and Levi can't survive seeing his son cry. He did everything though, he talk to the teachers, the principal and the parents but he'll never know what really happens inside the school walls. Rivaille looks so down every time Levi picks him up but the Omega tries to cheer up the little guy. But what happens if he had work? Rivaille had to go home alone. What happens if he gets bully outside school? What happens if someone kidnapped him? He's only 7! The boy is still Levi's baby!

"Mom?"

Rivaille's voice stopped Levi's thoughts. He took a deep breath and face his son with a smile. "Yes, baby?"

Rivaille is a good looking boy. He got Levi's hair and complexion but his eyes is big like his father, the eye color is a different story. Rivaille has heterochromia, his left eye is just like Eren's, the reflection of the green ocean and his right is Levi's, stormy blue, almost gray. His beautiful eyes is the reason why he is being bullied.

"Can I skip school... For now?" The boy asked shyly but his frown didn't got unnoticed by his mother.

Levi tried to stop from sigh. Looking up on the calendar, he decided to agree. It's Friday anyway and Levi will have to contact the school... Again.

"Sure, baby but only this time?" Levi stood from his seat and scooped his baby on his arms. Gently patting his back while humming a tune. A moment later the Omega can feel the boy fell asleep on his shoulder.

Levi held Rivaille tightly, hoping that the action can shield his son from the bullies. If only the raven can take away his child pain.

Looking down on the table, the Omega sighs seeing three unopened letters that came in. One came from the bank, the other from Levi's friend who thought that sending letters is still cool even if they basically live a block away from each other and the last one came from a lawyer. That one was for his husband.

As if in cue, the sound of the main door open and close hiked up Levi's fear. He doesn't want to move and meet Eren, he already knew what happened. It's was only 7:30 in the morning and Eren is back, it only means one thing.

"Hey." Eren greeted him weakly as he entered the room. Leaning forward he kissed his Omega in the lips but it didn't lighten up Levi's frown. His husband's eyes grew dull seeing their child on his mate's arms. Reaching out, he raked his son's hair. "Doesn't want to go to school again?"

Levi shakes his head. His heart is breaking at their situation. Eren lost his job, his son is being bullied, and bills were lining up. "I'll look for a job." He stated with a heavy heart. Deep inside, he doesn't want to leave his baby but choices have to be made.