Short Story 1- Yumi Nakamura

After moving across town poster father redeployment, Yumi Nakamura stands at the gate of Hamakita Elementary to start her first day in her new school. Neither her Mother or Father were able to attend this first day with her due to their work commitments. So Yumi summoned up all her courage and confidently entered the school grounds.

she found her classroom and then greeted the teacher explaining how she was new quite nervous. The teacher assured her she had nothing to worry about and stood her out in front of the students in order to introduce and to request that they over friend and take good care of her.

Two girls at the back made snide remarks about her hair and clothes which ironically was not so different to their own. And then they decided it would be fun to play a prank on her at recess.

Recess came and the two girls befriended Yumi and asked her if she would like a tour of the school. she said she would love that but first she would love to know where the toilets are. The two girls seizing this opportunity tell her that they are located on the third floor. However she must look out for Hanako-San. "Who?" she asked the two girls.

The legend of Hanako-San has terrified japanese school children for generations. She is said to be the spirit of a young girl who was known to haunt school bathrooms, something that she was a child who lived during World War Two and who was killed during an air raid while hiding in a school bathroom during a game of hide and seek

Others think that Hanako-San came to haunt school bathrooms after be murdered by a stranger or an abusive parent
To summon Hanako-San  it is often said individuals must enter a school bathroom usually on the third floor of the school
Knock three times on the third stall and ask if Hanako-San is present if she is there she will reply with some variation of "yes I am" the individual made a witness the appearance of a bloody or ghostly hand or even Hanako-San herself
If they do see her Hanako-San will pull the individual into the toilet which may lead to a life time suffering in hell.
The girls dared Yumi to head to the third floor and knock on the third stall trying to appear brave in front oh her classmates and not wanting to be teased she accepts their challenge and makes her way upstairs at the third stall she knocks on the door and nothing happens she then opens the door at this point the other girls push her in they then waged the door shut with a cabinet so that she is trapped inside she screams and cries but no one hears her and no one comes to her rescue.
Eventually school for the day finishes and nights sets in and her parents working overtime with their new jobs no one misses Yumi and she is left their alone trapped in the dark for the remainder of the night.
The next morning the girls return to see how Yumi fed through their prank after opening the door they are shocked to see that Yumi is no longer there and that they are greeted by Hanako-San, she dragged the two girls to a slow and painful death