Did I make you...proud...?

The warmth along his side was what gave the whole situation away.

England couldn't really remember much that happened, nor could he see it. Really, what could he see anymore besides the obvious darkness he had encased himself inside?

He began to feel as if he were drooling, and his body started to grow numb.

Why...?

Why had he done this?

Why hadn't he kept his promise...

He could hear a symphony of crying voices and screaming, but throughout the banter, he could only really focus on the one voice...the main one. The one he'd been seeking out the whole time.

"IGGY!"

He instantly knew he was on the floor as soon as his knees hit the cold surface and his head made contact roughly. Though, the pain in his side was a bit stronger...

However, the numb feeling all over was starting to work it's way into his side as well.

He was glad that, soon, there would be no more pain, if the numb feeling continued to escalate.

"No...no...no! United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland, you better wake up this damned minute!" He could hear that voice again. One that reminded him of angels...of one particular angel, in fact: one with wheat-colored hair, bright eyes the color of a summer's sky, and an atrocious cowlick that wouldn't stay down no matter how much you tried.

Finally, he was able to collect some of his barrings and licked his already damp lips.

"A-Amer..Americ-ah-ow..." The pain in his throat was increasing. Best to save his voice for when he really needed it.

That voice...it had said his whole name...his whole country name...

"England...please...l-look! G-Germany's here! He can help out! A-and China's got the medicine! H-He'll be able to fix you up in no time! So...so please, for the love of God, don't...don't leave...don't fall asleep!" He really wasn't in the mood to retaliate back some snide comment about him not being able to "look" at anything. His body was increasingly becoming even more numb. Even his throat stopped quaking in pain.

"A-ameri-cah...I...I--"

"Shut up! Don't you dare! D-don't...don't you..." There was a series of wetness that sprinkled onto the surface of his skin, dancing onto his blank and open eyes and face. The voice was sobbing, trying to hold steady. England could hear the sadness in his voice when he spoke again, "You promised...you promised...you wouldn't leave again..."

"I-I..." England breathed in deeply, his air supply growing faint. What was this...high feeling...? He felt incredibly tired all of a sudden... "I'm sorry..."

"Don't you dare f*cking say that!" The voice cried, and he could feel the warmth of arms circle around his waist. Though, he wasn't sure exactly what was going on, for the rest of his body was cold. Cold, besides the retreating red liquid that spilled from his side, mouth, and throat. "It means...it...it means..."

"I'm sorry...I'm breaking...our promise..." England whispered faintly, his head feeling as if he was inside a cloud. He could have sworn if he hadn't been still here in this damned mansion, he would have thought he was flying.

"Please...don't say that..." America sniffled, lifting up the bleeding man so he rested in his lap. He cut out the sounds of the others fighting the Monster behind him, as to put all his focus on his main importance: his dying friend.

"Y-you'll--" England gave a short cough, a spout of warmth escaping his lips, "You'll get out...of here...right...? Y-you have to..." Another coughing fit, "Y-you and Italy and the others h-have to escape and--"