Chapter 1

"Hey, Lucas!" Asher said to Lucas from his green pickup truck. He and Dylan came to pick him up from the airport.
"Let's go. Got everything?"
"Yup," Lucas said. "Let's go."
It was a thirty minute ride back to Asher's house, where he was staying. He looked out the window and it reminded him how much he loved Texas.
"What do you want to do tonight? You gotta go home tomorrow, might as well do something fun," Dylan screamed from the back.
"Yeah," Asher agreed. "What does the great Lucas Friar want to do?"
"I'm not sure," Lucas said. "Let's just watch TV and have lunch first. I'm starving."
"Good call," Dylan said.

Once the three returned to Asher's house, they dropped Lucas's stuff off and went to In n' Out Burger for lunch and sat there and caught up.
"So Lucas," Asher said, "You haven't been back for almost a month. What happened?"
"Well," Lucas said. "I got elected class President with that video you guys sent in. I made Farkle my Vice President."
"Yes! I knew you would win!" Asher said. "Hey, tonight do you want to play Truth or Dare?"
"Sure. We can set up a bonfire, too." Dylan agreed.
"Okay, but just make it the three of us." Lucas said. "I don't want it to get too big."

Later that evening, the three guys set up a bonfire that wasn't too big and they brought out some chairs to sit on and snacks to eat.
"Okay Lucas," Asher started, "truth or dare?"
"Truth." Lucas responded.
"Okay," Asher thought. "Who do you like?"
"Oh, come on! That is the best you could think of?"
"Okay, fine." Asher thought of another truth. "Do you like it in New York?"
Lucas didn't know what to say. "Yeah, it's nice. I made a lot of friends and it's my home now, but this will always be my first home." He said. "Okay Dylan. Truth or dare?"
"Dare." He challenged.
"Okay. I dare you to... Jump in the lake."
"I guess I have to."
"Oh come on! You've done it so many times!"
So in the end, Dylan ran off the dock and jumped into the lake nearby. He screamed as soon as he hit water and claimed a fish bit his ankle.
After a few hours, it was almost midnight, and Lucas would have to leave first thing in the morning so he could get his homework done. He usually brought it, but Asher and Dylan always complain, so he decided to leave it in New York.
"Okay, one last turn. Lucas. Truth or dare?" Asher asked.
"Dare."
"I dare you to..." Asher thought about it before he whispered in Dylan's ear. Dylan game him a thumbs up, to say it's a good idea. "Ask out your friend Maya."
Lucas didn't have a response. What could he say? He couldn't turn his friends down. No one has ever refused a dare. He simply said, "Okay," and walked inside.