Part One- Magic Birthday Cupcakes

A/N- Hi there! Thank you so much for taking the time out of your busy teenage internet surfing life to read this book(: I promise to update frequently, as I have a two week break from school coming up, and good excuses to get on the computer. Check out my friends storys too! @TwixHS and @NiallersandHazza Enjoy! xx

-Abby

Whenever I Close My Eyes

Part One -Magic Birthday Cupcakes

-Jenna's POV-

First, there was the sound of footsteps behind me, tapping their heels on the wet sidewalk. The tapping slowly increased in speed as I walked, and I felt the presence of someone following shortly behind me. Even from the distance away that I was, I could still hear the muffled jingle of the loose change in his pockets.

I started to panic as I rounded the corner into a dark ally, the footsteps still close behind. I could almost feel a moist hot puff of air on the back of my neck from my follower.

I started running, faster and faster; the footsteps kept a steady pace with me though.

"Look back!" I told myself. Damn it! Why couldn't I turn around?

I turned into another, even darker ally than the first one. Then another, and another, until I felt the large finger of a cold hand mash as hard as it could into a pressure point on my shoulder, sending me skidding to my knees in pain.

A scream escaped my lips, as my stalker pinned my weak and tired body to the ally's brick wall. A pain shot down my spine from the impact, and my knees felt hot and sticky under my jeans; I was sure I had cut them up pretty badly.

I looked up, blinking back tears as I looked into the dark face of my crusader, unable to make out any of his features.

He sniffed the air. "You smell delightful." He breathed in a British accent, examining a bloody gash on my left arm. Where had that come from?

As he examined my arm, he sniffed the air again and licked his lips, showing off a shiny set of sharp canines. My heart raced faster as he swiftly moved closer, crushing my body against the brick. He licked and kissed my neck then, before he sank those marble arrowheads into a large vein in the side of my neck.

- Viciously, I sat up straight in bed, my face and palms covered in a cold sweat. I pulled the covers up to my chest, searching for some kind of comfort in the dimly lit bedroom. My mouth was dry, and I was breathing heavily.

It had been nothing more than another, very vivid, nightmare. Calming my breathing, I swung my legs over the sides of my bed, letting my feet flinch at the chilly floor boards' then proceeded towards my bathroom.

I turned on some hot water in the marble sink and rinsed my face, looking up to see bags under my green eyes, and pieces of my blonde hair sticking to the corners of my mouth. "Happy Birthday..." I mumbled, smiling sleepily at my reflection in the foggy mirror. I brushed through my long hair, and stumbled sleepily out of the bathroom, finding my way out of my room and into the hallway.

Shutting my bedroom door behind me, I walked clumsily down the stairs and towards the kitchen, where the coffee pot sat, full of dark warmness on the black granite countertop.

I poured some coffee into my mug from the cabinet and strayed into the living room, where I drank my coffee sitting awkwardly on the windowsill. I tried to shake off the horrible images of my latest nightmare, as they were still lingering with scenarios in the darkest spaces of my mind.

It was now that I realized it was raining outside in the cold of November. The sky was the color of lint, and the orange leafs on the trees stood color splashed up against the melancholy canvas.