🌹New job who this?🌹

Abby was running late as usual to work. Between the culture shock and drastic time change, she was fighting a losing battle of trying to get used to New York city in one week. This was day 8 in new York and day 5 on the job, and just like every other day she was late.

Just kill me. Abby thought as she saw the human traffic on the side walk and the automobile traffic on the road. She knew running would get her no where so she decided to just calm her nerves and walk to the office building.

In reality abby was actually never late, she was just a person obsessed about doing things a certain way at a certain time, work started at 10am and as an IT person she could come in later. However the ptsd from living in Lagos city and getting jilted by the love of her life turned her to the complete opposite of the person she used to be. She was more paranoid.

Abby had gotten to her office building 20 minutes later than she would've liked. It was exactly 9:50am and she quickly made her way to her office block and settled in her cubicle.  Being the first person to arrive outside the receptionist/secretary or whatever susanna the bitch was and the janitors meant less attention to her commanding presence and very attractive backside. She was fully aware that she was a show stopper, part of why she had only ever been with one man was because he claimed her ever since she was 15 and just got into the university.  Her parents were well off enough to send her to a private university in Nigeria and considering the horrible economy, she could boldly say her parents were for lack of better words "rich". So when micheal started chasing her she would never have guessed that all he wanted was her father's connection in the Nigerian engineering world, she honestly thought he loved her because she is an extremely attractive woman with a beautiful face however she got amazing character development from the heartbreak caused by Michael and at 23 she was not only mature and disciplined but she was also really hardworking and had a lot to bring to the table.

She was also very over men and embraced her 40% level of attraction to women whole heartedly.

"Abike du du"

Abby turned around and saw her work wife who also happened to be the only other Nigerian in the firm rush towards her. Naturally they became friends fast not only because of their similar backgrounds but because they could comfortably speak vernacular amongst themselves without being careful with their accent and getting everyone to understand them.

"Babes must you behave like an animal"
Abby replied her friend laughing.

Sola, abby's work wife sat on her legs and gave her gist on all she went through the morning before getting to work. One thing abby didn't like about sola was her inability to close her mouth, she was always talking and sometimes she turned to a gossip but she had been in New York for the past year and abby needed a guide.

"Don't you get tired of talking, it's still morning" abby asked pinching her nose

"Haba its past 10 before you know it, it'll be 5PM" sola replied rolling her eyes.

Abby just chuckled and got sola to go to her cubicle which was opposite abby while the both got to work and other IT persons walked in.

*************************

Time for lunch came and abby's company didn't only provide good health insurance and salary but they also had a cafeteria that offered a variety of good food.  So she never bothered with bringing lunch. She shut her laptop and stood up, then fell into step with sola and they were making conversation while they got in the elevator. The elevator stopped and abby started walking backwards while she and sola were concentrating on their porsa vs Nene leakes argument. Abby felt her body hit a hard wall, which was weird because there shouldn't be one there she turned and noticed that she had just bumped into her boss.

Okayyy guyssss this is the first chapter please let me know what you think and don't forget to vote!! See you next chapter