Whipped and Baked (JongHo) Oneshot

MinHo was roused from his sleep by the smell of meat wafting into his nose> he could hear the faint sizzling noise of meat meeting the pan and the satisfactory hurls of the grease as it sprung out of the pan. His stomach growled, begging for MinHo to pull himself out of bed and follow the delicious odour. If only to satiate his hunger. There was treasure waiting for him at the end of the road, he was sure of it.

            Even though sleep was still demanding some of his time he pulled himself out of bed. Crusty clumps bunched in the corners of his eyes but he rubbed it away quickly with the back of his hand. A yawn stretched out his jaw as a shiver passed through him. Dressed in only his baggy sweat pants he felt the bitter cold of the world outside his bed sting his torso and he suddenly wished he hadn’t been too lazy to put on a shirt the night before.

            As MinHo walked out of the room, the world slowly came back into focus. He couldn’t help but note how still the dorm was. Usually the other members were sniffing out the food like a pack of hound dogs no matter what time. Now, though, there was an eerie silence. It was disconcerting; following MinHo into the kitchen.

            “Morning,” JongHyun greeted, chasing off the silence.

            “Morning,” MinHo mumbled.

            He brushed his fingers through his hair as he pulled up a seat at the table. A few dishes laden with fruit were spread out already, reminding MinHo why he had left his warm bed in the first place. Grabbing a couple grapes he peered at his hyung suspiciously, realizing how he was cooking and not Key like it usually was.

            “Where is everyone?” he asked, reaching for another grape.

            Without even turning around JongHyun answered, “Out on schedule; they should be back later.”

            “Oh…” At the early our MinHo wasn’t surprised that he wasn’t able to form a better answer. Instead he vied for another grape, gorging himself on those until some better form of conversation became him.

            The clock ticked down the minutes. The big hand stretching from five to fifteen. Without moving his eyes away from the clock’s face MinHo reached for another grape only to be disappointed when his hand touched an empty bowl. He frowned, glowering slightly at it as if he hadn’t been the one to empty it.

            “Order up!” JongHyun shouted enthusiastically, swinging around with two plates in his hand. Each one was piled high with the foods of a traditional breakfast. Rice was in the middle of the table to accompany the steaming foods, making MinHo’s mouth water.

            A ‘thank-you’ may have come out but MinHo was too famished to remember. From the way he inhaled his food it made him seem like a starving kid from a third world country.

            “You know, the food isn’t going to run away,” JongHyun commented. He scrunched his nose in distaste, watching his friend spray rice all over the table mat.

            MinHo shrugged, not really caring how he ate as long as he got food in his body. And plus, it wasn’t as if he had ever paid much attention to the opinions of JongHyun before, especially those that pertained to him. Unless he was in any way challenging his masculinity or just him in general… Then he ended up giving him a bit too much attention… More than he deserved, that was for sure.

            “Uhhh, hello! Cave man! Are you too busy eating or something? This is my plate, dumb ass!” JongHyun smacked MinHo’s hand away from his food, reminded now as to why he never cooked for anyone but himself.