Fifty Shades of Purple

In the summer of 2012, a beautiful July sun warmed my back a I lay on a towel on my lawn, remembering the beautiful thing that had happened just two short weeks ago.

Two weeks ago I was just arriving at Camp Moose Kona, in Tottenham, Ontario. I was staying at the camp for two weeks, and had never been there before. I heard from a few friends of mine that this camp was more fun than they had imagined it would be.

"I'm sure you're going to love it sweetie!" my mom said as we drove down the long driveway.

"Yeah, it'll be awesome." I said with a smile.

We parked and grabbed my luggage to go over to checkin. As we approached the receptionist, we noticed that something was... weird about this camp. The lady at the desk was wearing a low cut short with shorts so short you could probably see her butt if she was standing up.

"Hi there!" she exclaimed in a very peppy voice. "I'm Cutiepie! Every councillor here has a nickname. Your cabin is LMFAO, just down that pathway. Your cabin councillors are... Handy, Blowstar, and Twisty. Feel free to use the dresser beside your bed and anything you may find in it. Enjoy your week!"

My mom and I began to walk down the pathway. Something was really weird about this camp... As we approached my cabin, the councillor who I assume must be Twisty came up and put a hand out to stop us.

"Sorry, no parents allowed past this point. I'm Twisty; I'll take your daughter to the cabin." Twisty informed us in a breathy voice.

My mom hugged me and said goodbye, and kissed my forehead. As soon a she was gone, Twisty had a ginormous smile stretching onto her face.

"Now the REAL fun can begin," she said with a wink.