Lunchtime

Eren was sat on a bench overlooking the autumn scenery eating a ham and lettuce sandwich he had made this morning while half awake. He crossed his legs and leaned back to look up at the sky, putting the crusts back into his lunch box and putting it away into his black backpack that was covered in badges of his favourite bands and characters. He hadn't seen Armin since first lesson and it was worrying him. The loneliness wasn't helping him take his mind off it, yet he was trying to stay calm. "I wonder if he's alright." He mumbled, sighing and zipping his bag up to then sling it over his shoulder. "I better go find him." Standing up and rolling his sleeves down he began walking towards the main school ground.

Levi was nearer to the back of the field with his friends, smoking instead of eating, the usual anyway. "Something seems off about today." He thought to himself, sighing and breathing the grey smoke from his nose. "Hey, look! There he is! Oi, Arlert!" Levi's friend, Connie, shouted from behind him, brushing Levi's shoulder as he walked past.

"Guys... Leave him." Levi silently pleaded as they all went over to Armin, who was frozen in fear. "Not today guys, please." "Oh what is it? Your boyfriend not here for you!" "He's not my boyfriend." Armin hugged his books, pressing them against his chest. "Guys stop." Levi dropped his cigarette and stomped on it as he walked over. "Or what?" Connie said, continuing to walk to Armin. Just in the nick of time, Eren came from the corner.

"What's going on?" Eren sternly said, walking over to confront Connie yet again. "Oh nothing. Just stay back this time." Connie smacked the books out of Armin's hands, sending loose sheets flying across the wet grass. "What's this one? A diary?" As Connie leant down to pick it up he was suddenly stopped as Eren ran over and jumped onto his back, bringing him down to the floor and Eren ended up on top of him.

"What are you doing? Gonna bend me over in front of everyone and strip me?" Connie smirked, sliding his hands up to hold Eren's hips. "I've always thought your face was kinda cute. Your eyes..." "Shut up! I'm not gay..." Eren blushed. Connie chuckled as Eren limply got off him and picked up Armin's books. "Here you go. It's a bit wet... But..." Eren passed Armin back his books and walked away with him, sorting his sleeves out.

"Well that was awkward." Levi sighed. "I'm going now, so don't wait up on me and don't come find me. I'll see you next lesson, Erwin."