Night Changes

25 year old Lauren Jauregui sat at the bar, alone, wearing a slick black dress that complimented her figure with matching black strapped heels. Her dark hair was done in loose curls and her make up was smoky, with dark eyeshadow and black winged liner which made her green emerald eyes pop.

Lauren sat alone, nursing her third glass of whiskey. She wanted to forget about her life, which was filled with endless amount of disappointment. It was like the universe didn't want her to be happy because whenever she got to that point, something or someone she loves would always be ripped away from her somehow.

Lauren sat at the bar, alone because she was stood up. She was stood up because the man she was supposed to meet had a girlfriend, which she wasn't aware of until she saw them together. Lauren felt sick to her stomach so she decided what better way to drown her sorrows than drinking alone at a bar downtown.

"Another one?" the bartender, Sam, asked when Lauren finished her drink. Lauren nodded as he poured her another glass.

"You know, Lauren, this isn't good for you," Sam said as Lauren looked up.

"Leave me alone, Sam," Lauren said.

Lauren felt someone come up to the bar beside her. She looked up and saw a beautiful brunette leaning over.

"Can I have a margarita?" she asked.

Lauren was amazed at her speaking tone. It was so different than what she was used to. It was slightly husky and raspy. She saw the brunette turn and met her gaze and that was when she saw that her eyes were a beautiful shade of chocolate brown. The brunette gave Lauren a smile and the green eyed girl could see that the brunette was genuinely smiling at her as she could see the smile reach her brown orbs.

"You here alone?" she asked. It took Lauren a while to realized that the brunette was talking to her. Lauren simply shrugged.

"That's kinda sad. Can I join you?" the brunette asked.

"Sure," Lauren said as the brunette's smile widened.

"So she does speak," she said as she sat beside Lauren.

"So what's your name, beautiful?" the brunette asked.

Lauren felt a small smile crept on her face, "Lauren," she said.

"Camila," said the brunette.

"So what's a beautiful girl like you doing all by your lonesome?" Camila asked.

"I was stood up," Lauren said. She didn't know why she told her that because usually she'd just ignore anyone who talked to her.

"Ouch."

"Yeah," Lauren said as she took a sip of her drink.

"How long have you been here?"

"An hour or two," Lauren said with a shrug.

"Wow," Camila said.

"Men are idiots," Lauren said.

"Amen to that, sister," Camila said.

Lauren chuckled. Lauren frowned when she realized that she actually chuckled. What the hell was wrong with her?

"I'm so done with them."

"Join the club," Camila said. Lauren raised her eyebrow, suddenly intrigued by the brunette beside her.

"I'm not actually... Into guys," Camila said as she looked into Lauren's eyes.

Lauren's face fell slowly as she found herself looking at Camila's lips. For some reason, the way Camila said that, made her feel some kind of way. Lauren took a sharp breath as she looked away, blushing furiously. She grabbed her glass and downed the rest of the liquid in one swig. Her head spun as she swallowed.