Prologue

"How in the world could there be perks to being a serial killer?" She whispers with fear oozing out her voice. I smirk as I spin around in my heels to face her. "Well, first of all," I say holding up one manicured finger, "if someone is annoying me I will kill them without flinching." She winces at my words and my smirk grows larger. I hold up another finger in her face, "Second..." I trail off and tap my chin with a thoughtful expression, "people pay me well to get their 'dirty deeds' done, might you say."

I lunge at her just as she tried so run and place my hands delicately on the side of her chin and her head. I twist with all of my strength and I hear a satisfying snap echo around the empty room. Her body is thrown aside as I brush imaginary dirt off of my shirt. "Well, that was quite tiresome." I murmur to myself as I take a key out of my pocket and walk out of the house, locking the door behind me.

~~~~~~~~~~

"Once a killer, always a killer."

Ava Jacobs has spent much of her life running, but she doesn't hate it like most sane people would. She loves it. She craves the adrenaline rush of almost getting caught by the police or watching close by as they investigate one of her signature kills. But when problems arise that cause Ava to question everything she has been taught, will she change her ways? Or will she embrace her demons like long lost friends.

////\\\\////\\\\////\\\\