Cԋαρƚҽɾ 25:

March 25, 1993

Devante rolled over on his back with a headache, the sun peaking in just a little bit through his curtains. He sat up rubbing his head and glanced over at the alarm which read 9:17 am. The first thing that came to his head was what went down last night, he had enough of Ranae's attitude and decided to show his ass.

He remembered everything being that he wasn't drunk, but he didn't regret it. He thought Ranae needed to learn her lesson and if scaring her like he did last night would keep her in check, then he's doing something right.

It made sense to him.

He took his jacket off before scooting out of bed, being that he fell asleep in what he came in wearing. After coming in and raising hell, he didn't have time to change from out of his outside clothes. He was only thinking about trying to get Ranae out of the room.

Last night he leaned against the wall for a good hour or two waiting for Ranae to leave out of the room, but she never opened the door. He figured she had enough sense to stay in there for the rest of the night being how Devante was acting. Things could've gotten worst if she stepped out, he was full of rage at the moment but eventually calmed down since he couldn't get to her.

Walking out into the hallway, he noticed how quiet it was. Ranae was never woke this early so he wasn't surprised, but the vibe was off. He felt something was out of place.

Pushing Ranae room door open, he didn't see her anywhere in sight. The lights were still on like they were last night which lead him to believe she was still locked in the guest room. That's what he thought until he noticed he closet door was open.

He wasn't sure if it was open last night but he walked in the room anyway to scan the room for more details. He scratched his curls and walked over to the closet to see most of the hangers on the floor along with a few of Ranae's clothes. Furrowing his brows, he looked around noticing her black overnight bag was nowhere to be found.

"I know damn well this girl ain't leave." He said to himself as he slammed the door shut, scanning the room once again. Though it was obvious Ranae snuck out, Donald didn't wanna believe it right away. He left out her room and went down to the guest room to see that the door was cracked open.

He went inside anyway to check the room and just as he expected, Ranae wasn't in here either. He noticed the telephone on the floor and rubbed his hands down his face, clearly irritated.

It was too early to be dealing with this, especially with a headache.

He wasn't going to check the other 7 rooms in the house just for nothing, it was evident that Ranae had the balls to leave his crib completely.

Donald went straight to his room and sat on the bed, thinking about how to get in contact with Ranae. He doubt she went back home to her parents so it was pointless to call her phone. He knew for a fact she was going to ignore him paging her, he didn't have any of her friends numbers so now he was stuck.

He needed to find her though, so for now he needed to page her anyway just to see if she'll give in.

Not hesitating at all, he grabbed his beeper from the drawer and sent her a quick message.

Donald - "I was drunk baby girl, I'm sorry. I love you."

MEANWHILE, Ranae just sat on Tarika's bed, staring out into space still thinking about last night. She wasn't an early bird at all but she couldn't seem to get to sleep. Right when she fell asleep at five in the morning, she woke back up at eight and stayed up ever since.