twenty six

Chapter 26: No Other Way

"Na Jaemin?" The woman politely asked while scribbling some notes down on the clipboard.

A small hum escaped Jaemin's lips in response, his eyes drifting to the small window in the corner of the room.

It was the only good thing about therapy...the sight of the world that still existed. Why did they have to have barricaded windows with very little light?

His pale hands fiddled with each other nervously, trying to distract himself from the feeling of judgement.

"I heard that you stole some of your medication?" It was posed as a question although Jaemin was aware that it was a statement, one he wouldn't deny.

Yet another hum filled the air as an unamused expression settled on his face and he flicked his eyes back to the older.

"And you tried to take your own life?"

"How many of these stupid questions will you ask? Hmm? I stole the fucking pills, and I'm so fucking depressed being kept away from society and treated unfairly for being fucking raped!" He yelled, hands slamming down on the side of the couch.

"Hmmm," she quietly let our, eyes narrowing in a scrutinising manner. "You know that I'm not here to hurt you, and although you think things aren't going great right now, I can assure you that your recovery is my goal."

Jaemin spat out some insults under his breath, finding the calm and level-headed woman quite irritating.

"If so, why are we locked away like animals in a zoo? Why are we force-fed medication? Why are we beaten senseless when we do something wrong?" He released a frustrated groan. "I you wanted us to recover, you wouldn't damage us more!"

He stood up stiffly, pushing the chair backwards before storming to the door.

He was sick of all of this! He hated being treated like he was fragile one moment, and then being shattered the next.

Maybe Mark's plan wasn't the worst after all.

His mind veered him back to the scene of Renjun and Jeno sharing a rather passionate kiss. His stomach churned at this, making him heave at the thought of his years and years of loving the anxious boy being ripped from him.

Was he really not good enough?

He threw the door open, tears pricking the corner of his eyes as he slammed it shut behind him.

Mark's plan did indeed sound tempting. What was left to hide from anyway? All the worst things imaginable had already been inflicted on his damaged soul....What did he have to lose?

Marching to the older's room, with tears streaming down his face, he kicked the door open, eyes darting around the underwhelming and non decorated room until they settled on Mark who sat on his bed in a daze.

"I want to leave with you!"