Chapter 1 - Nico

A perfectly normal summer evening- oh wait no, a new prophecy just got told

Nico

A warm breeze flew through my hair. The fire flickered in the dark. Its been a year at least since the war with Gaia. Everybody was happy.It was all peace and quiet. Well not quiet. In fact it was quite loud. Laughter rang throughout the valley. It was the beginning of summer. Campers came back from school and now sat here with all their friends laughing happily. I smiled and twirled my marshmallow above my fire.

"Hey Neeks!"

I look up to see Will Solace staring down on me. Will's smile made my heart beat faster.
Sure we are officially together but everything he does makes my heart fuzzy. Why am I saying this? I am not the type (one word about that joke and I'll find and shove my sword up your arse-) to open up.

"Uh hello? Earth to Nico? Come in?"

Will's calming voice shook me out of my train of thoughts.

"huh?"

Will chuckled making me go red. Thankfully it was dark but I still hid my face in my aviator jacket.

"I was asking if I could sit here."

"O-oh" I look down hoping that he wouldn't see my flushed face. "Yea you can sit here"

Will flopped down beside me and reached for the packet of marshmallows. In doing so he also grabbed a stick. As he was doing that I stared at him. His hands moved swiftly and calmly. His gold strands of hair moved like a tree in a cool breeze. It also glowed in the fire light. Will must have sensed someone staring at him because our eyes locked.
Will looked towards the fire. Despite the bright light, his face glowed, not yellow, but red. He suddenly gave of a small yelp.

"Nico! Your marshmallow is on fire!" Will scrambled back.

I look back to actually see my food on fire. I took it away and tried blowing it out.....but that made the fire crackle more harsher. Smoke drifted around in the summer air. Burnt sugar was also with it.
Thankfully it wasnt that bad and the small flame died out.
I look back at Will who was rolling on the floor, laughing.

I scowled in annoyance.
"Thanks for the help Solace."

Will sat up, grinning.
"Your just really adorable when your mad."

My face burned with embarrassment.
He wiped his tears and scooted back beside me.
I groaned and look back at my marshmallow. The whole thing was burnt. I saw this thing before on the internet about what to do of a burnt marshmallow instead of wasting it and putting the whole thing in the bin. I grabbed the top and tried to get the burnt part of my marshmallow off. Apparently that youtube video was correct. The burnt bit slid of quite smoothly. I sarted to nibble down the food I suddenly felt really uncomfortable. I look over to Will who was staring at me.

"what?"

Will went red.

"Nothing."

He then made way towards me. Or likely scooted.

"um Will? W-what are you?-"