„In his eyes, you can see his pain. You always do"

(Short summary: you and Jj are at a party at the Cameron. Rafe comes and beats you up because he's your toxic ex. Jj finds out and goes crazy and protective).

Today is midsummer. The Camerons are having a party like every year. Every year this is the night when you see so many kooks that you can't keep track of them.

"Ready for Midsummer's Night ?" asked JohnB as he grabs a beer.

You're on the boat and go for a ride. You know, just normal stuff.

"Absolutely not. My mom makes me wear this stupid dress. Ugh, it's like I'm a kook princess," you say, annoyed.

"me,too... while people in other regions suffer,I go to the midsummer party," ki says as she rolls her eyes.

"Oooh girls relax. I mean, it's too bad to afford all this and everything... I always have the problems too" says Jj with a smile and in an ironic tone.

"Ugh shut up Jj" you say with a smile.

"was just a joke, love you" he says and throws you a kiss in the air.

You catch it and put your hand on your heart. You both always want to provoke the others.

"Omg you two are unbearable" says Pope and the others just nod.

Jj and you start laughing and the others start laughing too.
—-
It is in the evening. You're standing in your room and you see yourself in your dress. You're not feeling well at all. But at least your mother managed to find a nice suit for Jj to wear today. Jj wanted to pick you up down by the water and go to the party with you, even though your mother still doesn't think much of your relationship. She just has to accept it.

You stand by the water and wait... twenty minutes have already passed and you haven't heard from Jj. He doesn't answer his mobile phone or write to you. Maybe his battery is simply empty again, you think.

"Hey princess" says Jj out of breath as he runs towards you.

You look at him in the suit you gave him. He looks so good.
"why are you so late? And why aren't you..." you say as you discover injuries on his face again.

"baby, I'm so sorry. Did he do this to you again?" "you say, worried.

"Yeah. It's usually not a big deal," he says, looking down

"Yes it is! I'm so sorry baby... you wanna stay with me tonight?" you suggest

"Yes, that would be nice honey. But don't worry about me. I'll be fine," he replies.

You nod. Although you know he doesn't mean any of that. You can see it in his eyes. In his eyes, you see his pain. You always do.

You're about to walk away when he takes your hand and pulls you back.

"Baby wait, can't I even admire my girlfriend?" he says smiling.

You smile and turn like a princess.

"You look so beautiful," he says, looking up and down at you.
"Plus you're so hot sweetie" he whispers in your ear.

You two go off. When you arrive, you can already see the others. Pope is standing at the grill with his father and JohnB is desperately trying not to be seen too obviously as he is wearing his normal clothes. Ki stands with pope and we go to them.

"Hey you cuties," Jj says to the others

"Hey you two" replies Ki

"this is so fucked up. All the kooks here feel like they are the queens of the island" says Jj and rolls his eyes.
——
Later in the evening, around midnight, the party turns into a real party. Most of the adults are gone and the alcohol is unpacked.
You go to the bar to get a drink.