Chapter 1

Hi guys! This is my fourth story!! I hope you like it!

Finnick's POV

I counted 9 fish. 9 of those fish we couldn't catch.

I looked up at my dad, who was holding a trident, ready to strike. He fishes for a living, and now he has to teach me. I'm 9, the unlucky number of the fish we couldn't catch.

"Finn," my dad looks down at me. "Stop squirming. Your going to scare the fish."

"But dad!" I could hear my voice get whiny. I didn't care, cause we where standing in the lake for so long my feet were numb. "We've been here of hours! Can't we just go home already?"

"Now Finnick, do you want to learn or not?"

I sighed. "Yeah, daddy."

"Good," my dad said, smiling. "Now close your eyes, take a deep breath." He closed his eyes, and his chest went in, then out. I followed his example, and soon I felt a tap on my shoulder. my right eye opened, and my dad pointed down. A fish. I opened my mouth, but he shushed me. "On 3." Dad whispered. "one, two, three!" I threw my net down on the fish, and dad speered it.

I jumped up, cheering. "Finally!"

At the end of they day, we caught 10 fish, one above my unlucky number. "Coming Finn?"

"Nah, I'll catch up later. Don't worry, I'll be back for dinner!" I said, waving my dad off. I walked back into the numbing lake, waist-deep in water. Soft sand squished under my toes. 4 is a career district, so we had better houses the most. Which is unfair. I went to 12 last year for a school field trip. Their houses are... crappy. The kids are dirty. I met a girl, Katniss, she said her name was. She was 2, shy, and dirty. I never want to live in 12.

"Help!" a voice turned me out of my trance. I whipped my head around, to see a little girl out in the water, arms failing. "Help! I can't swi-!" her head fell under the water, and she bobbed up and down. Her arms were swinging wilder now.

      I swam as fast as I could towards the girl, (Which, I admit, is very fast.) and grabbed her by the armpits. I pulled her back to shore, and pulled her small shiver body into my lap. "Hey, it's okay. I got you now. Your okay." I whispered. "I'm Finnick. What's your name?"

"A-Annie."

"Annie. Nice name," Annie shivered harder, and pulled herself into a tight ball. "Hey, I got you. I won't hurt you. I promise." I hugged her. "Your my friend now. Do you wanna be friends?"

She nodded. "Thank you for s-saving me."

"Yup." I said, maybe a little to proudly. Then the most unexpected thing happened. She hugged me back. And smiled. I almost squealed,  cause she was pretty. Like cute pretty. Long, red hair, skinny, and freckles.

I hugged her tighter, and wished to never let go.