Christmasville Chapter one

He kisses my neck gently as the stars above our eyes begin to shimmer, or glimmer in this case, our hands just in the right amount of space so that they could touch- our fingertips were just a little bit slight of an inch away from touching, based on accurate measurements of course- and the bright blue sky was no longer to be seen. 

Christmastime was right around the corner and everyone seemed to be bright in spirits as the crowds are ginormous at the shopping mall, every shop just opening as Christmas music is blasting through the air, the crowds in a jiffy as the right amount of toys are being distributed for the night. The morning of Halloween was also a big deal in the town of Christmasville, because it seemed like everything was going according to plan, until the right amount of heat was being spilled in the direction of the town. 

Blackness is spread gently across the sky, almost like the sky was being painted by this huge painter that definitely exists like Leonardo DaVinci or VanGogh, and the thick clouds were rolling in to Christmasville almost immediately. I wanted to play basketball since the third grade, but never had the chance because my parents always wanted me to stick to one sport, which, in a way, was good that they had enforced that rule early. The mistletoe was nowhere in sight and the temperatures were starting to drop. But there was good news in sight for us all, there was snow coming as we speak!

I get up and walk into the house, pulling the door open and immediately getting a pink overload everywhere in sight. Not a single space was not covered in pink or it was a different shade of some light rose shit that everyone wanted in Christmasville. "Wow," I gasp as I notice the lightly decorated living room, the colors red and green on the Christmas tree beginning to light up as the top of the angel is singing. I wanted to let Cameron  know that he did overpaint the house and that that shade of pink was overused and that he had overpainted the insides of the house almost too quickly. If you look closely, you could see all the brushstrokes that Cameron had painted on the bottom- towards the stairs. I am ready for the volleyball season to approach so that the season can begin. But what if something goes wrong? Oh, but darling, what if it goes right? Self character is one of the most developmental processes that only you can accomplish and only you can go through so that the process can change you to become a better person. I didn't want to break Cameron's heart- after all, he was only trying his best. And on the bright side, the pink really showed up in the house unlike yellow or robin's blue. 

   Suddenly, I feel a pair of arms wrap around me as Cameron lightly kisses my neck again, making sure that he didn't spook me too bad. Cameron lays his head on my shoulder and rocks me while I hold onto his embrace, making sure that I didn't lose his touch while I figure out my own thoughts. It seemed strange to be back here in Christmasville and it only seemed right that I would come back to help Cameron take care of his father who had dementia. You see, Cameron's father had dementia ever since Cameron could remember and he always felt bad for him. He always wanted to help him out, but there was nothing that he felt that he could do, before he had passed away. "He was an angel," Cam always said about him whenever I had asked him what it was like to have a loved one have such a brain damaging disease that affects your personality. Well, I wouldn't call it a "brain damaging disease" but it does affect your brain and how you react. "What are you doing?" Cam asks as he turns me around so that I could face him. His freckles were dotting his face all around his eyes as well and I couldn't help but feel like I had the world right in front of me. 

  "Nothing, just admiring your strange color choices." I tell him with a slight smile on my face as I can feel my cheeks burn up with heat. 

Cam laughs as he suddenly runs his fingers through his hair- his thick, curly hair that I might add- and smiles at me. "I can tell you miss him a lot. I miss my mother sometimes. It's hard but it's worth knowing that she never hit me because she thought I was worthless or hit me because I was a bad child or she hated me or something like that. Which is always good, when they have an impact on your life like that. That's how you know it's love." Cam nods as he looks away for a split second, his beautiful brown eyes that are lined with the perfect amount of eyelashes. 

He looked like he was an angel made from heaven, something that I rarely saw in people whenever I met someone knew. That was how I knew that he was for me. But I knew that sometimes I was going to have to lose a good one before getting an even better one. That's what life was like- you lose the best ones but you gain even better ones. That was my advice for people struggling with their battles. We say nothing as the timer in the oven beeps for a second, but not before the both of us could turn it off. Nothing happened for a while, just something that I knew wasn't going to last was starting to come to an end. I could just feel it in my bones. In my heart and in my lungs. "What?" Cam asks me as he notices the frown on my face. I guess I was just sad that everything was coming to an end, I thought. 

"You know that I love you because you like to say your thoughts out loud, right?" He pauses and takes a step forward, his red slippers slowly dragging behind him as he drags his feet towards me. "I bet you didn't mean to say that out loud." 

I'm confused on how he reads my expressions and my thoughts so clearly that I am almost forgetting that I'm saying them out loud as we speak. "You love to narrate things. So tell me a story. What's gotten you so upset that you started to frown? You know I don't like you upset, right?" I nod quickly as I reach for the coffee maker, something that I do whenever I'm nervous. "I'm just sad that I know something's coming to an end." 

"Oh really? Like what?" 

I hesitate, pausing for a minute before I could answer this. Should I tell him or not? I must make a decision before I can tell him. So I decide to tell him anyways. "You. Our relationship. I just feel like we're coming to an end at some point and I just don't know if I can do it if we end up like my parents." I explain, the thought of my parents divorcing sending a chill down my spine. 

"I know that you are worried about this but don't worry things will work out for our good. Don't worry about it." 

That was the last words that he said to me before we ended it. 

And that was the last time that I saw him. 

A/N: should I do a part two? I enjoy writing stories and I wrote some stories under the name rixtonlewilover because I just love writing stories.