Bliss

Adachi thinks he’s gotten used to Kurosawa’s mushy thoughts, but he’s proven wrong once again.

Ever since dating Kurosawa, Adachi has probably read the others’ mind so much to the point that his knees were about to go weak due to the amount of cheesy scenes his boyfriend has over him.

Not on purpose though - Adachi doesn’t use his given powers to take advantage of anyone, let alone Kurosawa, but avoiding any form of physical contact with the other has proven quite difficult for him.

Adachi doesn’t want to intrude with Kurosawa’s thoughts as much as possible anyway.

Although, he feels guilty when the thoughts of his boyfriend presents itself to him. It feels intrusive - getting into someone’s mind without permission, but Adachi can’t help it. A simple brush of their fingers can lead to Kurosawa’s yet another cute lovey-dovey scenarios projected into his mind.

But having mind reading powers wasn’t as bad as Adachi had thought it to be. At first he was scared, yes, but he doesn’t use his powers to better anyone. In fact, he mostly uses it to help others - namely his colleagues. And it’s has become a great deal of help to him in forming friendships with his co-workers.

“Thinking of me again?” Adachi jumps, surprised by the sudden presence of Kurosawa.

“Uh, uhmm . . . yeah,” he mutters.

Kurosawa’s eyes crinkles, and Adachi’s heart flutters with how bright his boyfriend’s smile is.

He can’t lie to save himself. Adachi tried lying once, but his body betrayed him making him sweat and fidget all over the place. So, whenever Kurosawa asks him these questions, he can’t help but just answer truthfully.

“Really?” Kurosawa chuckles, taking the seat beside him. “I wonder what Adachi is thinking.”

If only you knew, he thinks.

If Kurosawa knew how much Adachi thinks of him, he would probably melt to the ground due to embarrassment.

Kurosawa laughs breathily, and for a moment Adachi thinks he’s said those things out loud, but it turns out he’s just taking too long to respond.

“Anyway,” continues his boyfriend. “I won’t be able to walk you to your station later, I still have some papers to finish after work. I hope it’s alright with you.”

“Oh, uh . . . it’s okay,” he mumbles, though Adachi feels a little bummed out because after works are the only time they get to spend time alone together. And he’s gotten used to Kurosawa walking with him that for the firs time, Adachi thinks it’ll be lonely.

He wants to tell the other that he’d wait for him, but before he can muster the courage, Kurosawa wipes something off of his cheeks.

“There’s something in your cheek,” Kurosawa smiles cheekily.

The contact makes Adachi blush, but more importantly, Kurosawa’s thoughts presents itself.

Ah, I feel bad. I want to spend time with Adachi after work. I hope he waits for me . . . but Adachi needs his rest.

He gulps. Sometimes Adachi thinks Kurosawa’s too nice for his own good that he often neglects his own feelings for the sake of other people.
Especially to him.

--

Adachi goes on to do his job like he usually does. Only this time, he occasionally finds himself gazing towards were Kurosawa is seated - which is a development Adachi didn’t know he’ll get excited over about. Just a glance on Kurosawa can ease his mind when he’s feeling stressed out on his tasks, or when the chances Adachi would find Kurosawa already staring at him making him smile to himself and fluster.