Sick Day

"Ugh..." A groan escaped her chapped lips followed closely by a cough or two. Her body felt heavier than before, like someone strapped weights onto her arms and legs. The blanket was harder to push off her body. Her mind was fuzzy, her nose was runny, and the fever was making her feel like she's in an oven.

She caught a cold, a rather terrible one. Perhaps staying out while mother nature hailed rain upon Lungmen was not the brightest of ideas. Still, the contract needed to be done. Who else was going to do it if she was the one hired?

She grumbled once again, forcing herself out of bed after who knows how long since she woke up to this horrible illness. She needed to get some medicine from the cabinets, grab a wet towel or something, and lay down again. Doing it all by herself was going to be a challenge considering she was swaying left and right while walking around her apartment.

With one palm on the wall of her home to help her, she somehow managed to get to the living room. Just as she was about to get to the kitchen, she heard a knock on her door. A rather familiar voice called from the other side.

"Texas? It's me." She could hear him clear as day. Her eyes darted towards the clock on her wall. It was half-past nine in the morning. There was a hint of panic in her eyes as the door was gently knocked upon once again.

"Texas? Are you home?"

"I'll be there..!" Her voice was raspy due to the soreness in her throat. She slowly inched towards her door, struggling to unlock it before opening it slowly to peek her head.

There, a well-dressed vulpo waited for her outside of her apartment wearing a rather nervous smile. That smile soon faded when his eyes laid bare on her.

"Texas?" The young man asked. "Are you okay?"

"No... no I'm fine..." She stated in a rather hoarse tone. "Just a little... fever that's all."

Quietly, he placed his hand on her forehead, pushing her messy fringe back. As expected, he was met with a rather unwelcoming heat from her illness.

"Texas, you're burning." He said, concerned. "Did you catch a cold or something? Have you eaten your medicine yet?"

The lupo went silent, long enough for him to know that she didn't. He took a deep breath before asking.

"Can I come in?" His concerned tone suddenly took a sheepish turn. "I-I mean! If you're alright with it. I'm just worried that it'll get worse and all of that!"

At first, Texas was just gonna flat out reject it. She could manage herself just fine, but after hearing him blurt out his concerns, her heart somehow managed to spout out a 'yes'.

"Fine... you can come in..."

Pulling the door back, Texas reluctantly let the man inside her apartment. He took a good few glances around the place. The flat she lived in was rather spacious for a single person. A nice modern kitchen that was beside the entrance, a well-furnished living room with a massive window that viewed the metropolitan city of Lungmen, and a corridor that leads to the separate rooms divided by walls.

Although the vulpo was very impressed by the layout of the apartment, Texas meanwhile held in an internal groan. She didn't clean up her apartment in a long time. There was a leftover box of P*cky that she forgot to throw away with some messy documents and a mug on her coffee table. She didn't wash the dishes, so they've just been up in there. Not to mention she hasn't vacuumed the place.

At this moment, she asked herself why did she say 'yes' in the first place?

"I hope you don't mind me coming in, Texas." He politely remarked, returning his attention to her while bearing a warm smile.