The Ring

'

        Elizabeth POV

------------------------------------------------------------------------

'        "Ouch ! Watch it!" I cried as she tugged on the strings of my corset.  "Sorry ma lady" Anne said. The corset snapped shut. I looked in the mirror.  It was such a gorgeous dress (too lazy to describe here the pic is to the right)  I loved it. Anne put a silver chain adorned with diamonds  around my neck . Macthing earring were put  in my ears , she then set a beautiful crown on my head.  "I've never seen such exquisite gems where did you get them?" said I. "There your mother's now yours. But enough of that lest tears come to my face. She was a good woman she was.  You look just like her, so beautiful." Anne said dabbing at her eyes with her apron.  Indeed with my dark black hair and sea-green eyes that sparkled with mischief I was beautiful. "Hmm...beauty that is good, but wit? Charm? Grace? Well we shall see about those" I said.

'        Rushing out the room, I stood behind the huge oak doors that lead to the ballroom. I waited till I saw my escort. It was that pompous charlatan Henry.  Father had tried to set me up with him to no avail. Henry strolled up to me and bowed deeply. "My Lady Montgomery you look ravishing." he said kissing my hand. "Oh bother...." I muttered to myself. However remembering my manners I thanked him. The horns blew and the herald said , " Introducing, Lady Elizabeth Montgomery and her escort Lord Henry Cornwall!" The doors opened and I stepped into the ballroom. I curtsied and waved . With that I descended down the stairs and grabbed a dance card from one of the servants. I hid hoping none of the gentleman would see. As first in line for the throne of England , father decided I should find a husband. Indeed I was almost one and twenty. All then men at the party were quite polite , but they weren't sincere . They just wanted my title. 

'        Fed up with the party was about to leave when I caught someone's eye. He had dark chestnut hair and deep blue eyes. (I decided it was more important to show the dress she was wearing so you will see his pic in the next chapter) He was staring at me with such intensity , I found it hard to look away. He stood up and began making his way towards me. He was about 6'5 a fitting match for my own 6'1 size. He reached me and said in the most alluring voice I had ever heard, " Might I see that dance card so have so cleverly concealed in the folds of your gown?" How on earth did he know that? I handed him the card with great flourish he signed his name on every spot on the card. I reached for it , but he put it in his pocket and led me to the dance floor. So we danced till at last me feet were sore. He saw this and led me outside to the courtyard where I could rest. We sat in silence till I heard Anne calling. "I must go, but would you be  kind tell me your name?" I asked. He gave me a mysterious smile and stood up. His blue eyes bore into mine. He kissed my cheek and whispered in my ear , " I'll be watching you. Miss Elizabeth..' He then placed something in the palm of my had and walked away. " I still don't know your name! " I said.  I looked back as I heard Anne call again. When I turned around..he was gone. I opened my hand and in it was a gold ring  with obsidian gemstone. Engraved into the gem in gold lettering was the letter " S" . Great very descriptive. I turned it around in the palm of my hand. I saw engraved on the bottom was this " To my dearest Samuel" it said. So his name was Samuel...

Hi guys hope you liked it! I decided I wanted to something different from my usual Twilight fanfic stories! If I get ten or better twenty comments I'll write some more! Thank you all my faithful friends!