Chapter one

I put on my leather boots my father made for me. Black and shiny and slightly white. It also matched my blue overalls and a pink shirt. I was gonna go help take care of Father's farm today. I expect it to be fun.

On my way downstairs my mum was howling "Arabella lace your shoes or when you go outside, it will be night!". I wanted so badly to ignore her but it was no use. She would never let me leave the house without my shoes laced. I groaned and bend down but my eyes focused on this newspaper under the kitchen table. I paused slowly dragging it towards me. I read word after word and so carefully, but now matter how much times I read it I can NOT understand the newspaper. "Arabella your father is waiting for you, what's the delay?" "Mama..." I asked cautiously. "What's this newspaper about..?" My mom stared. There was a long pause. Finally I was too scared to keep talking. My mom yanked the newspaper out of my hands and threw it in the garbage. She did it so fast when she yanked it out of my hands I was shook. I looked up at her. My mother was slightly smiling and sad at the same time. "Arabella, why don't you go out!" She said excitedly. I felt strange. My mother..Olivia Mae Taylor..always had been strict but I haven't even laced my shoes and she wants me out of the house to help father.

It was night. I'm in my cozy bed but still thinking's what happend today. The dark sky was a blanket to the beautiful blue sky and the shiny moon replaced the beaming sun. Suddenly, out of nowhere I heard some screams and some panicking "oh god" and some gun shots..