My Crazy Job...

You know, people always say that skills will get you far in life. Some of those skills involve problem solving, creativity, even communication. From there, you get these big time jobs, like doctor or lawyer. And they're pretty well-distinguished. At least, all of society seems to think so. But no one says anything about my dream job. My crazy job. Professional sleeper. Ahhh, to be sunken in your comfiest mattress, sleeping away the day. It didn't hit me at first, but my mom inspired me. Really, she did! It was a Saturday morning when I was watching another rerun of Chicken Girls. Rooting for all my favorite ships, I laid peacefully in my bed. It was my mom's second time coming into my room to grab something when she finally said, "You know, for someone who spends so much time in bed, you might as well get paid for it." Then she left. And my interest peaked. I raced to a different window on my laptop and my search began. Professional sleeper. Bam, found it. Because who else can give great ratings on mattresses or test the sturdiness of beds? You know, the important stuff! Still, it's not all just counting sheep. There's actual work you need to do. Like, scientific research. Kind of a turn off, but still worth it. There are real requirements that I didn't know about either. Your day to day duties include testing mattresses, pillows and quilts and writing detailed reports on comfort, room lighting, feelings and noise disruption. But all I'm hearing is, sleeping is the main character of this beautiful story. But, just like being a doctor or lawyer, you need certain skills and qualities for this job too. One of them is the ability to sleep in new surroundings, away from home for long periods of time. So, you must be a sleepover pro. Probably should've gone to more as a kid, but that's besides the point. Also you need the ability to write compelling and interesting reports. So, all those papers I wrote in school are finally going to come to good use. The only real con I can see from this is spending a long time indoors. Probably beginning to feel out of touch with the outside world. But, I'll risk it if it means I'm getting paid to catch a few Z's. Now, I'm no dreamer, no pun intended, but tell me a professional sleeper isn't the best job in the world. All I wanna know is, where do I sign up??