'Ordinary Childhood'

It was the day of 1995, 14th of February, when I was welcomed to the world. It had been decided that my name would be Layla Rosalba (which means white rose and wine.) I didn't cry much, in fact I did not cry at all. My mom once said I wasn't like most babies as I was always quiet and would rarely make a sound and I would definitely say that my parents got very lucky that they had a quiet baby and not the typical babies that would keep you up all night for nothing at all. I was a gorgeous baby and no one could deny it. I had lilac eyes that would glow up and shimmer when a ray of light shone on them. My skin was very fair and soft with an addition of my lips being plump and full with a bold blood-red colour. My hair was silky and smooth and it managed to be long enough that it could tickle the little heels of my feet whenever I was lifted up. But it is said that none of my beauty had come from neither of my parents, I didn't have their eyes, hair, nose, lips and etc. I looked the total opposite from them and even the doctors questioned my mom asking if she was sure that Abel Rosalba [AKA my dad] was the real father. Growing up I wasn't into boys or romance I wanted to focus on getting good grades and making sure that I make my parents proud, so I would never let anything lead me off track. I was labelled as the 'silent kid' in school, only because I would never try to branch out to other people and actually have a normal conversation with them also if people wanted to talk to me then I would kind of push them away in a not so rude way I guess. I just was never a social butterfly and I never liked talking to people as it made me fell a little uneasy and awkward for some reason. But this one day I had met this girl called Angelika. Her full name was Angelika Brown and all the boys in high school would kill to date her. Angelika was my only best friend who I ever trusted ans she always trusted me too. We would joke around together, have sleepovers, steal each others clothes and of coarse we had to gossip about anyone we hated. We were practically sisters except we had different parents of coarse. It was like she was the other half of me that was missing but then I finally found it after years and years. There was this one time where there was a new boy named Richard that had just joined our class and all the girls loved him though I don't understand why as he was not even that good looking to be honest. I was always to busy working my butt off while all the other girls would waste their time and energy fan-girling over boys that would fiddle and play with their hearts, which is sad but it wasn't my problem so I never cared much. Whenever it was PE, Angelika would always stuff her butt and bra to try and show all the other girls off and she told me how bad she wanted to get Richard's attention but I just never really understood what love was and how it worked.