Say All You Want For Christmas Is Me

So I'm gonna love you like

Like it's always Christmas Eve

I'm gonna sacrifice

The selfish part of me

Cuz when we're all alone

And I hold you close

It's everything I need

Say All You Want For Christmas Is Me

Nick Jonas & Shania Twain - Say All You Want For Christmas

Jon was climbing the stairs two at a time, eager to finally get out of his work clothes and laze around the apartment with Dany. It had started snowing again that morning, and by the time everyone got out of work, the streets were covered, and, like always, people seemed to forget how to drive. Jon had been frustrated as all seven hells that it had taken him so much longer to get home, especially after having gotten a text from Dany around lunchtime that she'd ended up going home early because she wasn't feeling well.

To: Dany

From: Jon

12:37pm

Are you sure you'll be alright? I can ask Tormund if he'd be okay with me leaving early?

To: Jon

From: Dany

12:38pm

It's okay, love. I'll be fine. See you later. XOXO

Digging into his pockets, Jon pulled out his keys, trying not to drop the bags in his hands. He'd picked up some soup for him and Dany to have for dinner. It was from her favorite restaurant. It was their last day before they'd begin their vacation. Three weeks they had scheduled off from work for the holidays, and he didn't want for Dany to begin it feeling under the weather. He wanted her to enjoy every minute.

As soon as he opened the door, he was greeted by Ghost. "Hey, buddy. Where's mama, huh? Been taking good care of her?" Ghost nudged his legs, before turning on his heels and trotting off towards the living room.

Jon followed, detouring to the kitchen momentarily to drop off their dinner. The apartment was quiet, save for the soft sounds coming from the television in the living room. He could just make out the faint dialogue from Home Alone, the volume getting louder the closer he got to the living room. What he found was a sight that melted his heart. Dany was stretched out on the couch, fast asleep, snuggled under her soft weighted blanket. Ghost laid on the floor in front of her, Drogon, Rhaegal, and Viserion taking up the second couch by Dany's head. Jon sighed. It was adorable, but he hoped Dany wasn't feeling too terrible. He leaned down over the back of the couch, gently moving Dany's hair from her face. He gently kissed her forehead, and when she didn't stir, he placed the back of his hand against her forehead. She doesn't feel like she has a fever. Pulling the blanket more comfortably around her petite form, Jon stood back upright.

He glanced at his watch, wondering how long she'd been asleep. Deciding he'd let her sleep a bit more, he quickly strode towards their bedroom, shedding his clothes on his way into the bathroom. He took a quick shower and changed into a t-shirt and sweats. He'd finished combing through his hair when he felt a sudden chill. He grabbed his hoodie on his way back towards the living room.

He'd been gone an entire fifteen minutes and everyone was how they were when he'd left them. The food should still be pretty warm. Back in the kitchen, Jon took out the containers of take-out, and sure enough, everything was still hot. Good.