Scissors

PRINCESS BUBBLEGUM

I should've been asleep. It was so late, I really should've been. Maybe then, none of this would have happened, but then again, the Lich would've gotten what he wanted.

I was studying these new gummy creatures I had created and I just had to keep experimenting. Science is everything to me and it's hard to pull myself away from an unfinished experiment. Plus, it was helping me take my mind off the Lich being free to roam about Ooo. I was currently testing how the creatures I had created adapted to the loss of their limbs and also seeing how they would react if more or less limbs were attached to them. To cut off the limbs, I was using scissors. The scissors that would now haunt me for the rest of my life. The action I had done with them was painful to think about, and it was not about cutting the limbs off those experiments.

What startled me out of completing the experiment was a loud boom behind me; the sound of something bursting through the ceiling and crashing to the ground. I let out a shriek, clutching the scissors, and whipped around calling, "Who's there?"

I saw a dark figure in the dust cloud, and then HE emerged from concealment. Finn the Human. And his best friend and adopted brother was behind him: Jake the Dog. I was shocked, and just stood there. He coughed because of all the swirling dust, walking forward, and fell dizzily onto me, putting his arms over my shoulders.

"Princess, Princess; I need the gem from your crown!" he pleaded.

I was weirded out and confused. The gem in my crown was very important, and I had no intention in giving it to him.

"What the junk? No!" I replied. I tried to pull back to give him a sign that he should get off me, but instead, I was met with force. He was grabbing at my crown! I gritted my teeth and pushed my own force against him to try and escape his reaching hands. He was strong for such a small kid.

I grunted, "get off of me!!" my words just seemed to make him struggle harder. I felt him get a grip on the rims of my crown and I tried to pull my head away, out of his reach. "Get... OFF!!" I shoved outward with one final push. Using the hand that never put the scissors down. It caused Finn to stagger back and accidentally throw the crown off my head.

"Owwww!!" I heard the pained shriek made by Finn, as he fell backwards, onto the floor with the crown landing next to him with a clatter. I was devastated- truly devastated- to see that deep cut on his cheek, bleeding, and knowing I was the one who caused it. I saw him finger his cheek tenderly, then he glared at me and hissed in hatred.

I glanced at the scissors with wide eyes, just to truly make sure this was real, and looked back at Finn, saying the first thing that came to my dumbstruck brain.

"That was an accident."

He just continued to glare. And that hurt. He grabbed the crown and yanked the gem out of it. As he stood up, he tossed the crown back on the floor and Jake picked him up and stretched him back through the giant hole they made when they entered. That's when my senses came back and I screamed after them.

"Finn, STOP!!!" knowing it was too late, I groaned, frustrated, and whipped around, dashing out the door. Finn didn't know it, but he was about to hand the gem AND the Enchiridion right over to the Lich. The events all had all happened so fast, how could it all be real? The scissors, the glaring, the anger, the pain, and to top it all off, the Lich... I was no fool. I knew the future wasn't looking very bright as of now and I had to do something about it.

FINN THE HUMAN

Just one more.

One more gem was all we needed, and then Jake and I'd be able to say that we helped BILLY!!! The greatest warrior EVA!!

But that last gem was on the crown of a certain Princess... Princess Bubblegum. I wasn't very sure if she would give it to me with no problem, but I was certainly willing to ask for it first just in case!

"So how're we getting into her room?" I asked my brother.

"Don't worry, I got the perfect way in!" the dog gave a confident smile.

I wasn't really expecting us to come in by crashing through the roof, but hey, it worked! We were in! Unfortunately there was a LOT of dusk swirling around, clogging up my lungs. I began to cough and stagger, but I heard the Princess scream and yell out "Who's there?", so I knew she was in here and I saw her shape. I made my way to that shape, still coughing out dust. I fell onto the shape lazily, knowing it was Princess Bubblegum. Ignoring the urge to cough my guts out some more, I spoke, "Princess, Princess! We need the gem from your crown!"

"What the junk!? No!"

Okay, not the answer I was expecting. I realized that if I was ever going to obtain the gem, I was going to have to take it. So I reached up and tried to grab it, but PB was struggling against me! What the flip!? She really didn't want me to have it! Like I'd do anything bad with it!

"Get OFF of me!" the Princess shrieked. That made me struggle against her harder, getting my hands around the edges of the crown. "Get... OFF!!" I felt a sharp stinging on my cheek and I staggered back, throwing the crown off her head.

"Owwwww!!" I screeched, falling backwards onto the floor. I felt my cheek carefully, and, crup, did it hurt!! I looked at PB, seeing a shocked look on her face and she was holding scissors. So that's what she nailed me with. I glared at her, making a hissing noise. She really did hate me, didn't she? I saw her glance at the scissors, then back at me.

"That was an accident."

Pff, yeah right. I was done listening to her lies about caring for me. She doesn't. She never did. Not even back when it was obvious I was in love with her. She probably thought of me as a stupid, pathetic little kid with a pointless crush, and probably still does. I stood up, grabbed the crown, and ripped the gem out of it. I saw her devastated look, and it pleased me in a weird, revenge kind of way.

I felt arms around me and realized Jake was pulling me back through the enormous hole we made in the ceiling so we could get back to Billy. I heard PB calling for me to stop, but I didn't even listen. I was done listening to her.

JAKE THE DOG

Alright, one more gem? Let's get this sucka!! I knew how much this 'helping Billy' thing meant to Finn and I was one hundred percent intent on helping my little bro! It's just, the last gem is on Princess Bubblegum's crown, and I'm not too sure about how this'll go down, but I guess we'll see!

"So how're we getting into her room?" Finn turned and asked me.

"Don't worry, I got the perfect way in!" I rubbed my hands together, expectantly. This was gonna be good.

I grabbed Finn's hand and stretched him up to the top of the castle, then belly-flopped into the roof and we crashed through it to the inside. Yes, my brilliant plan totally worked. I heard the Princess scream and yell out something I couldn't make out for sure because there was dust everywhere and Finn was coughing his heart out. I was about to go comfort him, when I saw him walking away and towards the Princess, getting straight to business I see. I heard something like, "Princess, Princess, we need the gem from your crown!"

I heard a response that was opposite of what we wanted: "What the junk!? No!"

Then I heard grunting and scuffling noises. I quickly looked over from my sitting position I first fell in and saw, to my surprise, Finn and Bubblegum struggling over the crown, and PB had scissors in her hand. Not too safe if you ask m-- Oh! See? What'd I tell ya!? She just stabbed him in the cheek with them! He yelled in pain and fell back, the crown falling next to him because of, you know, gravity. It made a loud noise that made me cringe. I wanted to run over to Finn and ask if he was alright, but I saw him glaring at Bubblegum like he's never had before. EVER.

"That was an accident." PB insisted, a anguished look on her face. Finn's glare never wavered as he grabbed the gem and threw the crown onto the ground. I figured now would be a good time to abandon ship, so I grabbed my little bro holding the last gem and stretched us the heck outta there! I heard Peebles call for Finn, but there is no way in ploop that I'm going back there! There was some crazy tension between Finn and Peebles, but right now, Finn and I had to do something very important: Help Billy! So we both had to put that incident to the back of our minds and focus on what really REALLY matters.