Prologue

Faye's pastel blue ballerina flats made soft tapping noises along the ground. She almost tripped over her pink silk robe, emblazoned with the family crest.

"Hurry along, dear, you wouldn't want to be late," a voice up ahead called.

"Coming, mother!" Faye responded. They arrived in front of a small shop. Here it was, Faye thought. My wand. Ollivander creeped her out a little bit, though she decided not to mention that to her parents.

"Welcome, welcome," Ollivander muttered as he waved Faye and her mother into the shop.

"If it isn't young Faye," Ollivander continued, "and Rose too!" her mother nodded courteously and Faye simply nodded. Wand after wand was tested, but of course this was expected.

Faye had always been (slightly) temperamental. But the day wore on, and on, and for once Faye  was glad she had bought all her other supplies already. Finally, a dusty wood case seemed to catch her eye. Or, Ollivander's, more realistically.

A wand, rather handsome, Faye thought

"Ah, young Faye. Red Oak with Pheonix Feather core. Try-" but Faye had already extended her hand. She waved the wand around, feeling a bit foolish but to her surprise, a couple of birds twittered out of the end and flew away.

As they walked out of the shop (after paying the Galleons) Faye's mother apparated them home, not wanting to waste any more time.

"Good night, dear," and with that, the mother was off. Faye was left alone, in the grand stone mansion as she trudged up to her bedroom. It was rather lonely, but Faye knew that would all soon change. When I make friends, Faye thought. As of the late, the only friend she had was young Malfoy.

"Asterion," she thought aloud. He wasn't the most friendly companion, but when one was high in status, they had other friends, that were also high in status. It was sort of a... forced arrangement. Maybe Faye could find true friends. Later on.

As she lay in her bed, pondering on what the next day would bring, a small bubble of excitement appeared inside of her for the first time in years.

Tomorrow, is my very first day.

The Author: Hey guys! Evangelina here. Thank you so much for giving my story a chance. Just one thing I wanted to clarify. This is set in an AU (Alternate Universe). There's no Harry Potter here, no Draco Malfoy, nobody (important) from the original series. There may be Adrian Pucey, Blaise Zabani, etc,. Anyway, happy reading! :3