The Things Fear Hides

Lying here with you so close to me

It was mid-august and Aleks was on vacation with the rest of the creatures. He had been roomed with Eddie. They were best friends, so it wasn't a big deal for them to sleep together, was it? Maybe.

It's hard to fight these feelings when it feels so hard to breathe

Yes. It is a big deal. Eddie was in love, but not the kind that society sees as regular. Eddie was in love with Aleks. HE had never thought falling in love with your best friend could hurt so much.

Caught up in this moment
Caught up in your smile

Everything about Aleks was perfect to Eddie. EVERYTHING. His smile, his laugh, his hair, his eyes, his clothes, his everything. Eddie couldn't take it anymore, being so close to Aleks was killing him inside. He got up and left the room, putting on the coffee maker in the kitchen.

I've never opened up to anyone

Aleks didn't trust really anyone. Which made it harder for Eddie to tell him his feelings. Aleks came down from the bedroom not too long after Eddie left.

So hard to hold back when I'm holding you in my arms

Aleks threw his arms around Eddie.

"Your making me breakfast? YAAY!" He exclaimed, sounding like a six year old getting a toy train. Eddie blushed and returned the hug.

"Sure. THATS what im doing. Not making myself coffee or anything." SArcasm always calmed Eddies feelings. When his face turned tomato red, hed always just throw a sarcastic comment at someone and be normal again.

We don't need to rush this
Let's just take it slow

Eddie had tried to drop hints of his feelings to Aleks here and there. But he never got them. Once, the rest of the creatures picked up on one of the hints. Eddie was so embarrassed!

"I'll just go to bed then. Goodnight!" Aleks laughed.

"Wait!" Eddie turned and called.

Just a kiss on your lips in the moonlight
Just a touch of the fire burning so bright
No I don't want to mess this thing up
I don't want to push too far

Eddie thought about it... No. There is no way he would try that. What if Aleks rejected him and their friendship was ruined. He cant let that happen.

"What is it, Ed?" Aleks asked, anxiously.

Just a shot in the dark that you just might
Be the one I've been waiting for my whole life
So baby I'm alright, with just a kiss goodnight

He thought about it again. This was the perfect time. Perfect opportunity. But no. He wont.

"Nothing Aleks. Nevermind." Eddie sighed and went back to making his coffee.

I know that if we give this a little time
It'll only bring us closer to the love we wanna find

Aleks went out for the rest of the afternoon, he returned late evening.

"Eddie?" Aleks asked, "If I tell you something, will you promise not to hate me?"

"I could never hate you." Eddie smiled and guestered for Aleks to sit on the couch in the connected living room.

"Well, Theres this guy...." Aleks started, looking down at the floor and twiddling his thumbs. "He's super nice and we're really close. I think I love him, But I don't know how to tell him. and even so, im not sure I want to. What if he doesn't feel the same way."

'Theres some one else.' Eddie thought to himself, 'Keep it together.'

"Just tell him." He smiled. "And I don't hate you. Having feelings for another person is normal, no matter your gender or theirs."

"Even if I said that guy is you?" Aleks looked right into Eddies eyes.

It's never felt so real, no it's never felt so right

Eddie was speechless. Aleks did feel the same way. And that's when Aleks leaned into Eddie. Their lips met and they both slipped into heaven.

Just a kiss on your lips in the moonlight
Just a touch of the fire burning so bright

No I don't want to mess this thing up
I don't want to push too far

All this time they both felt this way but didn't say anything out of fear. Niether could believe this was truly happening.

Just a shot in the dark that you just might
Be the one I've been waiting for my whole life
So baby I'm alright, with just a kiss goodnight

Aleks broke the kiss and apologized. saying he didn't know what he was thinking and was sorry for ever bothering Eddie.

"No its okay!" Eddie cried as Aleks ran back into the bedroom, "Come back!"

 No I don't want to say goodnight
I know it's time to leave, but you'll be in my dreams

Tonight
Tonight
Tonight

This honestly just happened, Eddie couldn't let Aleks think that he didn't feel the same. Eddie ran to the bedroom door and heard Aleks crying from the other side. He quickly swung it open.

"Aleks!" He called, running to the ground where Aleks sat crying. "I love you." He explained before kissing him again.

Just a kiss on your lips in the moonlight
Just a touch of the fire burning so bright
No I don't want to mess this thing up
I don't want to push too far
Just a shot in the dark that you just might
Be the one I've been waiting for my whole life

Eddie broke the kiss this time, looking directly at Aleks and wiping his tears away with his sweater sleeve.

"I love you too." Aleks sobbed

So baby I'm alright, oh, let's do this right, with just a kiss goodnight
With a kiss goodnight
Kiss goodnight