Prologue

It was decided long before our births that the Crown Prince of Itavania will marry the daughter of the Marquis.

My father, the Marquis, was a well known man for bringing great victory to his country twenty-five years ago at the cusp of war. He earned the rank as Marquis and married the daughter of a duke. He had three identical children each two years apart and it was me, the youngest daughter, that was promised to the Crown Prince.

However, the Crown Prince died at age 14 of a rare disease and since the Emperor had no other sons, our engagement was nulled. In my place, my brother would marry the Crown Princess, a close friend of mine, once she becomes of age.

As for me, I was used as a diplomatic piece.

On the day of my 16th birthday, my father informed me that I would be attending two years of Royal Classes because I was chosen as the bride for the young Emperor of our neighbouring kingdom. My sister, who was two years older than me, was already too old and already had the attention of a Duke's son. Our father claimed that because of her poor temper she would be unfit to remain in society's highest circles.

He told me that once I became of age, we would travel to the Kingdom of Vanderhough and I would marry my fiancée.

I was not excited.