'12

My hands couldn't stop shaking and my legs couldn't stop bouncing as I sat in the chair and allowed for some random lady to do my hair. It was my wedding day.

My wedding day.

It didn't sound right to me and it still felt unreal. Earlier  I had locked myself in the bathroom and broke out into tears until Lada came and calmed me down. She told me that hiding would do me no good and I hate to admit it but she was right. I haven't seen Czar all week, after the gala he decided to start his bachelor party a bit early and hasn't been home since then. I decide not to have a bachelorette party. I didn't even invite my family to the wedding so I wasn't expecting anyone to be on my side, maybe Czar will have random people sit there so it doesn't look empty.

My mother called me about five times but I didn't answer once. I told security that her and my father weren't allowed one foot on the property. Josiah was more than welcomed to come but I knew he wouldn't, he would just feel comfortable and out of place like I am. 

"You're going to look so pretty." Lada smiled at me.

I bit down on my lip but didn't say anything. I knew she was just trying to make me feel better but nothing would make what was happening today any less painful. I was basically giving my life away and I wasn't okay with that. I wanted to scream and cry and just break down, but I decide I would keep it together until I got the chance to be alone, then I could cry as much as I wanted.

Irina had been crying non-stop since she entered the room and saw me in make-up. I hardly knew the women but she was comforting me and being more motherly towards me than my mom was. 

"I know this isn't your ideal wedding." She said as she stood beside me and patted my shoulders. "But my Czar is a good man, he'll take great care of you. If you become too unhappy I'll talk to him, find a way to get you out of this."

"Really?" I said as I looked up at her.

She smiled and wiped a tear from her eye. "Yes really."

I thanked her quietly before glancing back in the mirror, I could hardly recognize the face staring back at me. The make-up artist had done a wonderful job, my skin never looked this flawless.

"Do you feel it yet?" Annika asked as she came up behind me.

"Feel what?" I asked 

"The nerves, the excitement of being married in less than an hour now."  She gushed.

"Not very much." I said as I looked down at my hands.

Annika didn't say anything, she simply walked away and I got the feeling I had hurt her feelings a tad. Her and Czar were very close, closer than I expected especially since Czar was always so cold and stand-offish. I could understand why she would get upset by my lack of excitement from marrying her brother, but what did she expect me to do? Get up and dance around like some idiot?

"Is your mother not coming Zariah? I haven't seen her and I can tell them to hold the ceremony if you'd like.' Lada offered.

I shook my head. "I didn't invite any of my family. We're not exactly on speaking terms."

She nodded her head with understanding before quickly changing the subject. "Well, since your hair is done we should finally get you into the dress.

She helped me out of the chair and guided me to the closet where she pulled the dress down from the rack.

Lada helped me put the dress on and when I turned to face her she was almost in tears. "You make the perfect bride."

I smiled and turned to the mirror to see the dress for myself. Czar had got Darcey Couture to design it, I nearly cried when he told me. He knew how much I loved her work and I thought the gesture was a very kind one.