Crestfallen

It's been three days since I woke up in that slum, I apparently fell from the sky, or so says the locals. A pair of old folks had brought me onto a mat and helped me recover before I woke up. I have nothing on me except a blue robe and a long, skinny blade. Ah, the locals also gave me some clothes to cover myself in; since the robe itself is very revealing. They also gave me blocks of wood with straps on them. They called them "shoes". Don't think I've ever worn shoes, or at least shoes like these.

            I need to get back to the sky though. I'm not sure why, and I'm definitely not sure how, but I need to go there. I came from the sky, so there should be the answer to my sole question…

"Who am I?"

            The old pair who took care of me said there were more people who wore cloth and colors like me within a town south of the slums. I decided that I should go there first, and see if anyone knew what these cloth are and why I have them; More importantly, one them may know who I am and how I can get to the sky. It would be a day's trek said everyone in the slums, so they told me to gear up for the road ahead. It's been over six hours of me walking and contemplating through the sandy wasteland of which the slums were located next to. This was the only way toward the town. Centry, I believe it was called as the elders had talked about it.

            What is strange about this walk across is that I feel accustomed to it. I feel neither tired nor hungry, I feel as if I know what is safe to traverse and what is dangerous to even come close to. And after two more hours of walking (I had apparently ran into a giant worm habitat that was avoided at all costs, but I sensed no danger from it, it saved me roughly six hours of walking around) The town was very lively within its center, but on the outskirts, very little people were found. The walls of the buildings themselves looked like the sand that they sat upon. Just as gritty by touch as well. Sandstone, so it is real. I crack a smile; I thought it was a really good joke until now.

            Getting into the center of the town was not hard at all. What was hard was avoiding all the people on the outskirts. Everyone of them "felt" dangerous. I did not want to cross any of them. so it took a little bit longer. As I came to the center, there are many stands set up with interesting items upon them, all individually given a number… or value I guess. Money is still a term that hasn't come back to me within the shock from that fall. There are maps, trinkets, even a giant gold statue at one.

            One of the men behind a stall notices me and beckons me to his stand. I had nothing to go on, so I had shrugged and figured that I would start here.

            "Sir!" said the man, I look at him, he's a plump little man, his clothes lined in gold."Would like to purchase some weapons or armor? You seem to be little equipped with just that sword on your back." His stand had multiple swords like mine, even sticks with large stars on them. There were also a few full body metal clothes. I surmise that these were the "armor"

            "No" I'm not interested in materials or equipment either way "I'm more interested in information, you see I just came from the north…" The man seemed disappointed

            "Ah" The disappointment had also been reflected in his voice, "Well, go on I guess"

            "Do you know of a way to get into the sky?" The man had just stared at me with a confused look. "Let me rephrase that question. Is there anyone or anything capable of flight in this town?" The man had seem to understand that question much better than the previous one, as he was more enthusiastic in his reply.

            "Yes! well, maybe. There is a summoner's guild branch in this city, and although there might not be someone who can't help you with their skills, they are bound to know someone within the whole guild who can." He looks at me again examining the cloth that I was wearing. "But I wouldn't go entering there with those colors."