15 - flowers

(y/n)'s pov

"kenma~!!" i beamed at the setter and pulled him into a hug, excited to see him again. he stiffened initially, but slowly relaxed in my embrace, returning the hug by slipping his arms around my waist.

his quiet yet calming voice greeted me, "hey (y/n)."

we were currently at an arcade at the edge of the miyagi prefecture to fulfill a promise.

after karasuno left the training camp, i still kept in contact with the boys, but ended up talking with kenma the most somehow.

once he found out that i had never played pacman before, he promised a meet up where he would teach me how to play. so here we were!!!

my eyes flickered to his hands as we pulled away, "oh? what's this for?"

a slight blush tinted his cheeks as he looked away and extended the bouquet out to me, "for you. i picked it up on the way here..."

grinning, i lightly took it from him, accidentally brushing his hand in the process. "thanks kenma!! it's beautiful! is it..." i trailed off when i looked closer at the flowers. blue. "a... blue spider lily?" my mood dropped with fear and intrigue at the same time.

he nodded, "apparently they're really rare and only bloom at day. the lady i got it from looked happy to give it away..."

"can you tell me where you got these from? i, uh, wanna get these for a friend of mine!" ignoring my anxiety at the moment, i grinned at the teen.

the pudding boy handed me a business card from the flower shop, "here, i kept this. ready to learn pacman?"

i quickly took a picture of the card and sent it to the demon slayer group chat, typing 'blue spider lily, investigate'. placing my free hand in his, we went to the machine, "let's do this!!"

time skip brought to you by pac-man by eaj (go stream!!!)💘

"woahhhhh!! you're so good at this kenma!!" gushing at the gamer boy, i excitedly pat his arm.

after i had gotten to know the basics of the game, he let me play for a bit until i got tired. then, he took over.

by now, at the top of the leaderboard, sat 'kodzuken', kenma's online handle!

he was pretty casual about it, "ah... it's not a big deal. at the arcade in tokyo, i'm the leader in almost all the games."

"that's so cool kenma!!!!!! it may be normal for you, but it's pretty amazing to me!" i checked the time, glancing outside to see the sun starting to go down. "do you wanna get something to eat before i have to go?"

kenma nodded, "there's a bakery nearby if that's okay with you."

i smiled and nodded, placing my hand in his, "i think i know which one! let's go!!!"

we left the arcade together, walking along the street as a few cars passed by. his hand kept mine warm, the callouses from endless volleyball practice felt comforting.

he held open the door for me, and i thanked him as i entered. the bakery was cute, mainly white and pastel colors throughout the room. i let kenma order two of what he was getting for me and sat down at a corner table.

soon enough, he brought two apple pie slices to our table with two coffees. we started to eat while chatting a bit, enjoying each other's presence.

it was nice.

i... really liked it :)

alas, our time together had come to an end. i had to get the flowers to oyakata sama before someone else got to it. standing outside of the cute bakery, i held his hand, "let's do this again, kenma!!"