Chapter 1

The world seemed still as I walked along the sidewalk with Charlie. It wasn't as it used to be with the butterflies, in fact, sometimes I had the bad ones when we fought. I had been with Charlie for two years, but it just wasn't working. Mindlessly, I kept quiet and steady. "Lillian!" "Mhm?" "Your so quiet and tense. It's like I'm your ex or something." "Oh sorry. How's work?" "It's fine I guess, how about yours?" I sighed. "What? Really Lily!" "Uhh, I just- We shouldn't be asking this! We should know already. We should call every night just to hear each other's voices." "Are you saying we don't love each other anymore!" I feel cold. I wasn't sure. Was that what I was saying? "I don't know!" I ran away. But I didn't cry. I didn't care enough. Why didn't I? Then I spotted something. A beautiful light pouring through a lake. A shadow sat by the lake. My heart ached. Then I ran and sat down. A girl, golden hair, ocean eyes sat looking at me with the warmest smile. "Hi, I'm Anne-Marie." "I'm Lillian, but you can call me Lily." "Are you alright? You look worried." "I mean... I'm fine." "No your not." Then she flung her arms around me. "Oh um... I was just diagnosed with depression. How did you know?" "Your too beautiful of a girl to make such a face." I smiled. "See? Now that fits you fine." "LILLIAN!" "Oh I gotta go, nice to meet you." "Wait-" I got up and walked towards Charlie.