Chapter 1

Dave woke up, stretching. Three years ago today, be and karkat became an official couple. They weren't quite sure what to call themselves back then but they've since started swapping between terms of endearment such as 'my mstesprit' and 'my boyfriend'. It was also a few years ago that they completed their session of sburb. Dave walked out of his room in a pair of pink slippers, black and red flannel pyjama pants and one of karkat's shirts. They've made their home in one of the meteor labs in the meteor belt, a few friends lived on earth c and a few others lived also in the meteor belt. Karkat was making breakfast today, even though it was usually dave's job since he usually woke up first.

Dave followed the smell of eggs, bacon, coffee and pancakes out to the kitchen, where karkat had prepared an american style breakfast, sunny side up eggs with bacon and pancakes, and a mug of coffee for the both of them. He turned to dave as he placed the plates down onto the table "YOU DO KNOW WHAT TODAY IS, DONT YOU?" He asked with a slight smirk. "OR IS YOUR ATTENTION SPAN SO SHORT THAT YOU FORGOT?" Karkat teased. This sort of endearing bullying was a thing they did pretty frequently. It wasn't actually sincere, it was just a way of being playful for them.

"Dont know, is your perception of me so incompetent that hed forget his and his own matesrprit's anniversary?" Dave teased back and sat by one of the plates. Karkat sat beside him with his plate. "Howd you learn to make this? This is almost like one of those american style breakfasts i used to see on TV before bro would change the channel to some weird show about pastel ponies."

"IT IS AN AMERICAN STYLE BREAKFAST... YOU SAID YOU WERE FROM AMERICA SO I THOUGHT IT WOULD BE A NICE WAY TO SHOW YOU... I JUST HAPPENED TO FIND A RECIPE ON A COOKING SHOW THAT CAME ON THE TV A FEW WEEKS AGO AND I... WELL I ALCHEMIZED THE INGREDIENTS FROM THERE. FRIED CLUCKBEAST OVUMS, WITH COOKED SNORTBEAST HIDE AND BREAKFAST PASTRY CIRCLE, WITH COFFEE OF COURSE." Karkat explained.

"Wow Karkles, thats so sweet of you... uhh... actually ive been thinking... you see, humans have this tradition in which couples make a personal oath to always be by their partners side and always care for them, through sickness and through health and whatever and i uhh-"

"DAVE, JOHNS SHOWED ME SEVERAL OF HIS HUMAN ROMANCE MOVIES, YOU WANT TO GET MARRIED, RIGHT?" He questioned

Daves face tinged red and he nodded "uhh, yeah... but we dont need to make it a big ceremony, since like, we're gods... we can just say that we're husbands now." Suggested dave

"IF THATS WHAT YOU WANT." Karkat chuckled slightly and they both soon got to eating, dave leaned against karkat slightly.

"... bro never made this sort of thing so this is the first time ive had an actual american breakfast... its nice." Dave admitted as he quickly finished eating. Karkat had been wearing a pair of grey pyjama shorts and one of dave's time shirts, as well as some black slippers. They usually slept by each others side but nothing really happened between them... in fact they've both been so awkward up until now that years of built up emotional and sexual tension were about to collapse into one day. Karkat finished eating and carried the plates into the dishwasher, then turned to dave, thinking "SO WHOS LAST NAME SHOULD WE GO FOR? STRIDER OR VANTAS?..."

"How about we mix them... something like... Stritas" dave suggests

"WHAT ABOUT VANDER?" Karkat mentions... daves eyes grow wide and a dorky smile spread across his face, he got up and hugged karkat

"Dave and Karkat Vander... i like it." He smiled softly and kissed karkat's cheek...

"DAVE, CAN I... HAVE YOU EVER FRENCH KISSED SOMEONE?" Karkat asked "I THINK THATS WHAT HUMANS CALLED IT..."

"The kiss where you put your tongue in somebody elses mouth? No, not really... do you want to?" He asked curiously

Karkat blushed cherry red and nodded slightly, dave leaned in, smiling softly, hes seen at least sort of how its done in adult videos hes watched, but this was his first time actually doing it and he was honestly nervous as hell, his shades hid this fact however... before he got too close, karkat stopped him and carefully removed his shades, placing them onto the kitchen island before wrapping an arm around daves neck and another around the small of his back. "I WANT TO SEE YOUR EYES WHEN WE DO THIS... OK?" Karkat requested.