Uno

College life was always boring. Filled with long drawn out classes and painstakingly long notes. Of course, there were all sorts of ways to keep yourself occupied to make the time go by swimmingly, and that was exactly what Lucy Heartfilia is doing.

She sat through her classes needed in order to get her education in Journalism and pursue her career as a reporter and use the skills to perhaps publish her own novel, but of course, she had to survive her onslaught of classes first if she ever wanted to get that far. 

But the clock was moving too damn slow.

The professor was going over the same page of notes as he did just the other day, since a lot of students were missing due to some other school event they had to attend too, so the teacher was nice enough to mercy them and go over the same material again. Lucy already had all of those things written down and memorized, so now, she was just plain bored. She leaned back in her chair, sighed to herself, and let her eyes wander the room.

Lucy's eyes landed on a particular boy who sat a few rows ahead of her. His spiky pink hair was always distinguished and noticeable no matter where he might be. She always somehow found him sticking out in the crowd.

She had never talked to this boy, let alone knew his name, but his appearance intrigued in odd ways she couldn't explain. She snuck glances at him when he wasn't looking and no one was paying attention. She wondered what his voice sounded like and if it would be like honey dripping down her throat, or how different their height stances were, and if he could tower over her as an adult would a child.

It was silly fantasy, stupid things that kept her gears clicking against each other. It was nothing real and just something to keep her mind busy. It meant nothing to her even if it was he she thought of when she touched herself in the late hours of the dark.

No harm in fantasizing about what could never be real, right?

Lucy's mind began to wander too far. She thought of his hands trailing up her thighs, and his teeth peeling off the tiny fabric covering her at that very moment.

She leaned back forward onto the table-desk in front of her and bit her pencil.

Too much daydreaming. It was plenty enough for her for one class period.

Then the professor's voice boomed throughout the room and startled her. She sat up quickly and slammed her pencil onto the pencil in a swift manner, and a bit loud. She earned herself a few awkward glances from the other students around her but she paid no attention to them and kept her eyes on her professor.

"Now that all of you are caught up, it's time to set you all up for your next assignment." He began. Lucy began to pack her things when she noticed how close the time had gotten until it was time for dismissal. "You will be doing this assignment however you like too, but it will be with a partner. I have already paired all of you with someone."

Murmurs erupted in the room. 

"All of you have special talents, or hobbies, whether secret or publicly know, it doesn't matter. I want each of your groups to combine these talents of yours and create a portfolio." Lucy thought of the assignment, and how it was creative compared to all the others she's had to do. She knew she'd have fun with it depending on her partner.

The professor announced the pairings and she waited patiently until he announced her name along with her partner.

"Natsu Dragneel and Lucy Heartfilia." Lucy's ears tingled. She'd never heard that name before and was curious to see who this person was. She watched everyone in the room move around to talk with their partners until no one else seemed to move. She stood up from her spot and scanned the room.

Lucy looked towards the pink-haired boy's seat and saw that he was no longer there. She then turned to go and find her partner, but the pink-haired boy was right there at her side as she turned and she nearly bumped into him.

"Oh sorry, I didn't see you there." She said, slightly shaken from the momentarily startling.

"You're Lucy, right?" He said and held out his hand. Lucy nodded and hesitantly grabbed it, his grip firm as they exchanged the greeting.

Her head gears began to turn again.

"I'm Natsu."