The Twelve Mertastic Princesses

This has to work, i tell myself. I do not wanna be caught.

But what if it doesn't work? What if...

I tell the voices in me to shut up and will my plan to work. It has to.

"Let us begin!" i exclaim cheerfully, and start to climb the wall to enter through the window to the princesses' room.

I've no way to know if this is working, so i straight up stand in the way of Princess Genevieve, who is closing the giant door to the sisters' joint bedroom, and wave. I have to test and see if it works.

She seems to have taken no notice, causing gleeful excitement in me. It means this is working.

I squeeze my way into the room unnoticed, glancing at Princess Genevieve as she goes about her way to the dressing room and emerges with her beautiful dark pink dress, which is not only tailored to fit her but also suits her so well it makes her look like the most beautiful princess to ever exist.

Every single one of the twelve princesses is exceptionally beautiful and knows to carry herself very well, but my gaze has never been able to tear itself from Genevieve whenever she's around. There's just something about her that consumes me so deeply.

A portion of her hair is tied up in a braided crown around her head and the rest of her long blonde hair's flowing down her waist. She looks fresh as a rose without any makeup, elegantly adorned in her simple everyday makeover.

Beautiful.

Time to snap up from your daydream and wake up, a voice in me shakes me off from my very dear session of zoning out.

Not long after, the princesses are gathering in a circle, each one standing inside one flower-patterned circle on the floor in the middle of the room. They start to swirl and skip as soon as all of them are properly stood on their respective spots.

Soon, what happens makes me freeze on my spot, doubt my eyes, and curse my brain. I'm almost too sure i'm seeing things. I see the inside of the circle bordered by the princesses gradually making way underground, forming a staircase down the way. The princesses one by one start to step down the staircase.

I don't understand what's happening, but there's no time to stand open-mouthed and ponder over it. I snap out of it, brace myself to find out, and make a run for it. Tentatively, i join them downwards, bracing myself to find this crazy secret out, squeezing my way into  their queue.

As we reach the landing, i start to feel a surge of water flowing towards my feet. Actually, scratch that--before i know it, i feel myself drowning underwater.

I didn't expect that.

I didn't expect that at all.

My mind goes down the whirlwind of panic before i even try to process anything. The only thing my mind is able to process is, I don't know how to swim!

This is it.

This is how i'm going to die.

There's no way i'm going to survive this, the worst part being my invisibility. Even if i thrashed my way around, no one will know where it's coming from.

Suddenly, i realize something. Weirdly, i'm not drowning. I don't feel water up my nose, neither am i gagging. Then i realize even if i was, indeed, drowning, i could pull my cloak off to become visible again and ask for help. Then i realize i cannot be any more stupid, thinking all these things when i don't even have to worry anymore since i'm not drowning.

I tell myself shut up and float my way to where the girls have headed to.