Change

In this story, both you and Cat Noir are 15. The default name is Traci. But Traci is you, the reader. Let's begin!

5 pm: Dinner Time

     "Set the table for me dear." Mom said, hovering over the oven. It's almost like she's trying to not let me see what we're having for dinner. At least it smells good. To be honest, I'm not really hungry. I'm too distracted. Today was a nightmare. Paris was attacked and we don't know by who. Thank God there are super heroes protecting us. Although it seemed like at first the super heroes didn't know what to do. I tried drawing them. I'm not the best at drawing, it's like a pass-time for me. I'm already getting sidetracked. 

     "Traci? You alright?" My mom asked, interrupting my overthinking. 

     "Oh yeah, sorry about that, I was just thinking about today." I returned to setting the table. My mom let out a sigh, and then opened the oven. I instantly knew what we were having, my favorite, lobster stuffed ravioli. But why? They never make my favorite food unless it's my birthday, what's going on? Anxious, I slump down into my chair and bite my nails. I have a feeling this will be about moving. I don't want to move anywhere else. My heart belongs in Paris, and my parents know that. I stared at the TV, but it only helped ensue more fear. On the news, Nadia Chamack, the infamous reporter, was talking about what happened and what would come next for the Parisians. My dad then shut the TV off.

     "No TV during dinner, you know that Traci." My dad said, handing me a plate of ravioli. My curiosity got the best of me, and I blurted, "Why are we having my favorite dish? Is something wrong?"

     My mom, sighing, said, "You always want to be straight to the point don't you?" She gave me a wry smile as she sat down. "I think it's best if we explain it together," she said, eyes fixed upon dad. "Traci, for your safety, you will be homeschooled from here on out. At least until whatever is happening in Paris gets handled with." 

     "What?!" I retorted. "You heard your mother. You will be homeschooled-" I cut off my dad.

     "Why? There are superheroes to protect us? Don't you trust them? How come you get to decide this for me? I'll be an adult in 4 more years. Don't you trust me? I can handle myself. I didn't get hurt today!! I hid in a closet at school and no Stoneheart saw me!" I exclaimed, trying to get them to change their mind.

     "Whoa, slow your roll champ. It was a joint decision. We're only looking out for you. What if there's a supervillain at your school? What then? It was luck that you didn't get hurt today. Yes we trust these new superheroes but it's also our job to take care of us." My dad responded. Too worked up to eat, I excused myself from the dinner table and went up to my room. 

     As soon as I sat on my bed, I felt tears welling up in my eyes. Do my parents really think they can "hide" me from the supervillains? They could become supervillains themselves! This is all so frustrating. They treat me like I'm 5. They can't keep me locked up forever. I have a life. Well, I had a life. My friends will help convince my parents, surely they will.

Aubree 💗

me: Aubree SOS! My parents want me to homeschool. Please tell your parents to text mine right now!!

Aubree: omg really? 😱 I'll see what I can do. They act like you can't get akumatized at home!!!

me: a- what now?

Aubree: akumatized! apparently when you get angry, a purple butterfly will appear and if it touches something you're wearing, you'll get akumatized, and you'll become a villain

me: omg! I could've been akumatized right now! 😳

Aubree: omg imagine if you DID get akumatized!

me: I don't want to imagine, that sounds awful!

read 5:57 pm

I placed my phone down and caught my breath. Wow. I could've been akumatized. I need to calm down. I reached for my water bottle and took a sip, when something caught my eye. Outside my window, I saw a silhouette of a person. They looked exactly like one of the new superheroes. Wait, maybe it is one of the new superheroes! Without thinking, I shouted out, "Hey!" and I think the person heard me because they slightly turned, then jumped away. That was odd. I've never seen something like that before. I slipped back underneath my covers. My bed was abnormally cold, it felt completely vacant. I tried to distract myself by watching YouTube, and I ended up falling asleep.