Explanation

After the party: 11:33 PM

     I usually would be asleep by now. Ever since the akumatization, I've had trouble sleeping. I'm always afraid it will happen again. It shouldn't be affecting me this much. Maybe I'm just sensitive. I really don't know. I could sneak downstairs but it's scary down there. Or I could stay in my bed and watch tik toks. I think I'll risk it all and go downstairs to get water. I doubt I'll be caught, it's not like my steps are creaky. 

     I successfully downed a glass of water in like 7 seconds. I sprinted up the stairs, no ghosts are getting me today hah. I walked back into my room and I found Cat Noir sitting on the floor in my room. I jumped, taken by surprise. He put a finger over his mouth gesturing to me to be silent.

     "Your parents will find out I'm here. Come, sit." I closed my door, and I slowly made my way towards him and sat down across from him. 

     "I want to start off by saying I'm sorry. The kiss was a mistake. I don't know what I was thinking. I'm not really good at consoling people. You seem like a really cool girl. I still don't even know your name-"

     "It's Traci." I blurted. Then I apologized for interrupting. He then giggled and continued.

     "Ok well, Traci, I don't want to lie to you. I think I still have feeling for Ladybug. I'm sorry for leading you on." I hesitated. Then, I started laughing. I laughed a little too loud and he nudged me.

     "That's a relief. I don't have feelings for you Cat Noir. In fact, I tried to apologize that night. I don't know if you heard me or not. I'm sorry for making you think that." I replied slightly concerned. Cat Noir sat with his mouth draped open. Then he started laughing too.

     "I really thought you did like me. No lady can resist the Cat Noir charm, well except you and Ladybug. Well now that the air is cleared, want to be friends?" He asked, smiling.

     "I'd really like that sure. What's your name?" I questioned absentmindedly.

     "Did you watch the interview?" I shook my head no, and he continued. "On the interview we told Parisians that they can't know our identity for our own safety. So I'm sorry but I can't tell you." He said earnestly.

     "Well um, can you tell me your age?"

     "....I don't know."

     "Well I'm 14. I don't really feel comfortable with a guy who's age I don't know creeping into my house, Cat." I expressed, sighing.

     "I don't really know what to tell you. Can you just trust me when I say that I'm around your age? I swear on Cat's honor." He said, saluting.

     "You've saved my life twice. I trust you." I reply, getting a little deep. He cracked a smile. 

     "Is there anything you CAN tell me?" I ask.

     "There's plenty I'm sure you'll find out on you own." He answered, smirking. I don't know if he meant to sound suggestive or not, but he did. The room fell silent. Trying to divert my attention from that moment, I looked at the clock. It's way past midnight.

     "Aren't your parents going to worry about you not being home?" I tilt my head in confusion. 

     "Doubtful." I could tell he wanted to keep that part of the conversation short and sweet so I didn't press on. 

     "You still never told me how you knew my address." I said, trying to change the subject. A big smile plastered over his face. He started explaining.

     "The first day I became a superhero, I was overhyped. I didn't really listen to my k-....I er- um... I didn't really listen to my instructions. I got the hang of it pretty quickly beating those Stonehearts, but still there were still some things I could improve on. So I snuck out of my house and trained. I've never ran as fast as that before. It was incredible. I could jump super high, and I even learned how to extend my stick as high as possible. As I was jumping, I jumped right infront of your window. We locked eyes and I was really embarrassed so I prepared to run away. I heard you call out but I couldn't bring myself to respond so I just booked it. I recognized you when I helped you from Maledikkator, so I knew where to take you."

     "Male- what?"

     "Maledikkator, akuma victims have names. Most of them announce it live too. For example, your name was-" Cat Noir exclaimed, but I cut him off.

     "Please don't. I'm not ready to talk about it yet."

     "Oh. I'm sorry I went too far." He replied, patting me on the shoulder. The awkward silence returned.

     "So um.... if you recognized me when you were saving me....did you recognize when I...y'know." I asked, timidly.

     "Actually, I didn't. Normally I can but I didn't for you."

     "Wait. If you can recognize the victims how come you can't recognize who Ladybug is?" I inquired.

     "Ladybug could be any girl with dark hair and blue eyes in Paris. She doesn't necessarily have to know me underneath the mask. I doubt I know her in real life yet. Better yet, do you think you know who I am under the mask?" He spoke.

     "I don't know. I don't even think I know you under the mask. I can't of anyone with blonde hair and green eyes besides the famous model Adrien Argeste. And I definitely don't know him in real life."

     "There are plenty of guys in Paris with blonde hair and green eyes. I'm just a cat in a haystack."  He returned, raising up from the ground. "I'd better get going, if I stayed any longer we'd talk until sunrise, and then I'd be late for school." Him mentioning school made me feel an ounce of assurance that he was my age. 

     "Cat Noir?"

     "Yes?"

     "Visit me again please, if you can." I murmured. He smiled genuinely. And with that he was off. All that talking must have worn me out because as soon as I slipped under the covers, I fell asleep.