𝐟𝐨𝐮𝐫𝐭𝐞𝐞𝐧

( — FOURTEEN ; YOU'RE TOO BEAUTIFUL, MILA )

MOVING to the Butterfly Estate was hard not only for me, but for Mitsuri and Muichiro as well. Mitsuri was weeping by the time I'd finished packing.

"You'll still come visit, right? Promise?" She'd cried, clinging onto my new white uniform's skirt.

So had Muichiro, minus the crying part. He simply tugged at the waistband of my uniform, gazing down at me with teal orbs.

"Looks like I'll have to walk a lot farther to get to you, then." And it was true. Mitsuri's estate was so near to Muichiro's, so this Mist Hashira was so used to getting to me quickly.

"Why are you so concerned about me, anyway?"

"Because I'll always love you."

"Always?"

"Always."

My heart had thumped wildly at that, and I simply stuck my tongue out at him.

Now, thinking back to that scenario, my cheeks blushed profusely as I tightly grasped a vial of painkillers to arrange in the table. I slowly placed it, careful to feel for the other bottles lying there.

"Ah, Mila-chan, do you want some coffee?" I heard Naho's voice ask next to me, and her hand was on my shoulder. "Are you going to pull an all-nighter again? Need any help?"

"No, I think I'll turn in early tonight." I answered, finally finishing at the work I was doing. I stacked up papers and took Naho's small hand in mine, before we ran into Aoi.

"Oh, Mila!" Aoi chirped, and I could almost see the shine in her smile. I was still blind though. "Thank goodness you're okay. I have to say, you look a lot prettier in the nurse uniform."

"Thanks, Aoi," I smiled back, pulling my cheek muscles into a satisfactory grin. "I, uh, was just on my way to bed."

"Naho, you do that, and then meet me in the kitchen to wash the dishes, okay?" Aoi replied, talking to the little girl next to me, still clutching my fingers.