CHAPTER 2

The Prince woke up a little early

The Prince woke up a little early. Well the one that needed to be blamed were his unsettling nerves. He couldn't sleep at all, even though Pearl kept snuggling to him in his sleep, he just couldn't and he knows the reason for that is finally getting to meet the King.

As thrilled as he was a part of him was agitated, he didn’t know how he should be feeling right now. He was eager to finally meet the King after so long and yet his heart could not calm down.

He left his worries on the bed and got up, and called for Hee Ji, she was just ten years older than the Prince and had been helping him since he was sixteen and therefore she is young enough to understand him and old enough to take care of him, she was a great friend and would also be leaving with the Prince. Hee Ji helped the Prince in getting ready and since it was a special occasion the bathing took longer than usual, he bathed in Peach blossom water which is said to help enhance the natural beauty.

The Queen teased her son who of course blushed at the comments and his older sister joined in the teasing as well who had arrived a few days ago for the wedding, the royal families coming along with her for the occasion as it was a Kingdom wide affair.

The Mainland’s throne will finally have two rulers.

The Prince was led to his room and was asked to stay there until they had to get him ready for the arrival of The Kims. After a wait of two hours which was insufferable for the Prince, he was finally asked to change into the attire that he had picked for today,

It was a white silk shirt with long sleeves and golden side cape was added on the left shoulder pad of his outer shirt attached with some gold chains to the right one, the same material was used around the wrists and the collar, the bottoms were white too and the whole thing was put together with a white corset with gold embellishments, his boots had embellishments too.

The Prince looked beautiful, for the first time he wanted to apply a tint on his lips. He believed in natural beauty but he wanted to impress the King, so he put a dusky red tint to his lips and added some pretty peach to his cheeks too, Hee Ji also helped him with his eyes when he said that he wanted them to have more dimension. He looked in the mirror after getting ready for four hours in total, but in his defence the bathing alone took an hour and half.

Something broke the flow of his thoughts, it was suddenly very windy and the sun which was perfectly shining just minutes ago had seemingly disappeared in the clouds. So the Prince went to look outside his window and was struck when he saw the largest figure flying over their castle, The Mother Dragon.

The Prince's eyes were filled with too many emotions to be deciphered, he was excited yet nervous, scared yet there was respect in his eyes for the Mother dragon, she was followed by two more dragons, distinctively smaller in size.

The Mother Dragon was a stunning tone of Dark Grey, and the two behind her were lighter tones of grey, finally as they passed the Sun was finally above them again, the Prince's eyes followed the Mother Dragon who landed herself on the Courtyard, even though the Prince was sure that it couldn't fit a dragon so stunningly big.