22

PART TWENTY TWO

Jungkook didn't know how it happened. He really didn't, but Taehyung was now cuddled up against him in his bed, while the man drew small patterns onto the younger's back.

"Were you mad at me?"

The ravenette furrowed his brows at Taehyung. "No. Why would I?"

"W-Well...you didn't want to see me anymore and I...I just thought-"

A small breath left Jungkook at his words and he turned to his side to look at the boy properly. "I was never mad at you. My friend just-...you know, it actually doesn't matter." He muttered and Taehyung frowned.

"Kook.." The younger then mumbled, earning himself a low hum from the other. "Today's my birthday, by the way. So...you don't have to worry about me being a minor or something, I'm 18 now and-"

Jungkook widened his eyes. "It's your birthday?" Nodding softly, Taehyung smiled weakly. The boxer let out a sound of disbelief. "I'm sorry, I don't have a gift, but..."

"Another kiss would be the best gift." Taehyung whispered shyly and Jungkook swallowed heavily, sending him a small smile. He knew it was wrong.

Taehyung shouldn't be with someone like him.

But Jungkook was already as attached to him like Taehyung was to the older. He couldn't imagine how it'd be without him anymore. Even those three weeks had been torture for him.

All he wanted was the boy to be near him, talk and smile at him, laugh with him about something stupid as well as trust him enough to tell him all his secrets. Jungkook wanted all of it.

He didn't know how he managed to go through his life without having this boy with him at all times.

Ever so slowly he leaned in to Taehyung and pressed his lips against the younger's, who giggled quietly into their kiss.

A sound of content left the man, hovering over the boy, who followed his every move. Taehyung was on cloud nine.

It felt so right to him.

So perfect.

Jungkook pulled away again to let them catch their breath, leaning his forehead against Taehyung's while their noses brushed against each other. "I love you." The young boy then whispered and Jungkook froze.

He didn't know how to respond.

Because Jungkook knew what he himself felt wasn't love. But he couldn't just tell Taehyung the harsh truth only for him to have a breakdown again.

It wouldn't be fair. On the other hand, Jungkook couldn't lie about loving him. That would probably be even worse for Taehyung.

But Jungkook was Jungkook. And he did stupid stuff more than often.

"I love you, too."

A huge smile spread on the boy's lips and he let out a giggle, while Jungkook just smiled weakly. Taehyung pulled him in for a hug and the man nuzzled his face into the crook of his neck, closing his eyes shut.

Well, fuck.

———

Staring at the sleeping boy beside him, Jungkook let out a deep breath. He was frustrated to say the least.

The male stood up from the bed, covering Taehyung's figure with the blanket, before stepping out of the bedroom to walk downstairs with his phone held tightly in his calloused hand.

He lifted it up to his ear, waiting for his friend to pick up. "Hello?" A groggy voice murmured and Jungkook sat down on his couch in relief. "Chim. I have a problem."

"Tell me something I don't know, Kook. Also, have you looked at the time? I was sleeping for fucks sake."

Jungkook scoffed with a roll of his eyes, before starting to nibble on his lip piercing. "I kissed Taehyung."

Silence.

"And I told him I love him."

Jimin let out a low groan. "Oh God. You must be the dumbest person I've ever met in my whole life. Kook, I told you to stay away from him. You guys can't be together."

Leaning against the backrest of his couch, the boxer huffed. "Okay, yeah, but how do you know that? Maybe that's exactly what we need. You know, someone to love and all."

"Jungkook, you don't love him."

"Okay, yes I know. Fuck." Said man muttered and rubbed his eyes. "It's just...what if we can help each other?"

"Help each other? How?" Jimin spat. "How is a 17 year old boy supposed to help you with an alcohol and drug addiction, huh?"

"He's 18."

Jimin groaned again. "Jungkook, I don't give a fuck. He's not able to help you. Just like you can't help him. It's as simple as that."

When the ravenette didn't respond, Jimin continued. "Listen. You need to stop whatever you just started. The earlier the better, okay? Don't give him what he thinks he needs. Ignore him, be cold or whatever. Make him stop loving you."

Jungkook clenched his fist tightly. "I...can't, Chim."

"What? Why not? Did you even listen to what i just said?"

"Jimin. I can't." The boxer said through gritted teeth. "It's not that easy."

"You're just not trying hard enough." His friend stated on the other side of the phone, a yawn leaving him right after. "Kook. You need to stop this, before it gets out of control."

"What do you mean out of control?"

"You know exactly what I mean, Jungkook."