Chapter #1

I text my mom and dad both for the seventh time and they still don't answer. They were supposed to be home almost an hour ago and they still aren't here. It was some Christmas party they were attending with some friends without me. So I tell myself not to worry about it and just go back to watching TV.
Then I get a phone call from my mom, but when I pick up, it's not her. It's a nurse from the emergency room. "Hello, is this Kate and Joseph Brown's daughter?" The women said. "Uhh... yes." "Okay sweet heart, well, do you have your license?" "Yes." "Well, your parents are in the LongBrier ER right now because of an accident, but don't worry,everything is okay. You can drive yourself to the hospital or we can send someone to get you." My stomach dropped. "I'm on my way." I was shaking all over and felt as if I were having a panic attack. I grabbed my keys and jumped in my mom's Toyota and struggled to stick the keys in I was so shaky.
I tried to be careful on the icy roads, imagining that's how the accident could have happened. When I arrive, I ran in so fast, I forgot to ask the lady in the front which room they are in. "Room 102" she said with a sympathetic look on her face. This can't be good. When I find the room, a kind nurse who goes to our church takes me by the arm before I can inter. "Hey, Chelsea, honey. I have to tell you something." She pulled me over to a bench in the waiting area. She had empathy in her eyes and I can tell that she had been crying. "Your Daddy loves you very much, he wanted me to tell you. But, unfortunately..." she took a deep breath and held my hand. " He got the worst of the accident and he is with the lord now." A tear fell down her cheek. About five fell from mine. My heart crunched and my whole body felt numb. It didn't feel real, like I was in a dream. No, a nightmare.
A male doctor stepped out of their room and looked at me and then to the nurse and shook his head sadly. Mom was gone too.