Chapter 5

Three months later and Millie and Louis were getting closer while Y/n snd Louis were getting more distant.

Y/n missed her best friend and it seemed as if every time she tried to hang out with him, he was too busy with Millie.

The little hope Y/n had that Louis liked her, in more than a friend way, was all gone.

                                -Flashback-
                                  Y/n's POV

I turned around to see Louis running up to me, stopping and looking into my eyes.

"Yes?" I asked shyly. Looking deep into his dark brown ones. For some odd reason, it looked like, there was,

Love.

Love was in his eyes.
That can't be though. I'm certain he doesn't think of me that way.

I was broken out of my deep thoughts buy the sound of his low voice that sent shivers up my spine.

"Um so.. I wanted to tell you something..." he trailed off.

𝐼𝑠 𝑡ℎ𝑖𝑠 𝑖𝑡? I thought. 𝐼𝑠 𝑡ℎ𝑖𝑠 𝑟𝑒𝑎𝑙𝑙𝑦 ℎ𝑎𝑝𝑝𝑒𝑛𝑖𝑛𝑔.

"You can tell me Lou, it's ok." I said trying to sound comforting, reaching and holding his hand in mine.

"I um... I like Millie!" He said really quickly.

"Your- your sister?! Louis I'm not one to judge but that's weird..." I said awkwardly.

"No no not my sister Y/n! Jeeze! I mean Millie Bobby Brown. My co-star."

𝑀𝑦 ℎ𝑒𝑎𝑟𝑡

It felt like it cracked into a million pieces and burst into flames. I've never felt like before. I felt like I wanted to throw up. I couldn't believe it. It couldn't possibly be true.

I immediately let go of his hand.
I felt like I couldn't talk nor breathe.
I finally summed up the courage too.

"Oh well that's ok. That explains why you've been spending a lot of time with her lately." I said with a soft smile, trying my best to cover up my heartache.

"Yeah. I hope this doesn't change anything between us." he said, looking at the ground then up to me.

"It's ok. Really. She's really nice." I replied softly.
"You deserve each other."
I didn't mean to say that last part as angry as I intended, but I guess I did and Louis looked at me concerned.

"Are you ok Y/n?"

"Yup I'm great." I said smiling, holding back tears that were on the verge of falling.

"Ok. Well I'll see you later."
Louis said giving me a slight grin.

"Bye." I said quietly, hot tears falling on my face the minute he turned away.

                            -end of flashback-

                              No one's POV

Ever since that night where he told Y/n he liked Millie, he hated himself. Louis couldn't understand why he said what he said. He regretted it so much and the look on Y/n's face killed him. The look of confusion, anger, jealousy and sadness.

Though they agreed just because Louis "liked" Millie and that things didn't have to change between them, something definitely did.

Louis and Millie walked up the steps to Y/n's birthday party, her gift neatly wrapped in Louis' hands.