Love Him Even When My World Ends

My name is Madeline and the last thing I said to him was I love and I will miss you. Then he was gone forever, the love of my life. Jason and I met when I was nine and he was ten. We became best friends and enjoyed life together. Then Jason told me he was diagnosed with cancer. We tried to hang out as much as possible and when we did hangout it was hard to treat him like he wasn’t sick. Jason was a great person who had a good heart. He was smart, nice, caring, responsible, loving, and mine. We had been together for five years and have had many good memories together. I felt like my world was over and no one could bring me back. Depression came over me and dreams of our memories until his death replay constantly. Sadly no one can help me because no one really understands.

        Each day I go to school, it’s hard to concentrate with the lingering memory of Jason. If only someone understood me I would think to myself. All my friends worried about me but didn’t know how to make me happy. Then one day while I was at my locker a girl named Bea came up to me and asked me if I wanted to go to church with her. I hadn’t been to church since Jason died.” sure Bea I’ll go to church with you.” I said unsurely.” Great! I’ll get you after school.” Bea exclaimed. I was scared to go back to the place I thought I would marry Jason. Jason was a religious person and went to church every Sunday and prayed every night. He would take me with him to church on Sundays and we made many friends there. I guess Bea thought I could get support from them. ”Hey Madeline! Ready to go?” she asked. ”yeah lets go.” I said, when in reality I wasn’t ready. I didn’t want to face all of my friends and talk about my problems. When we got to the church a whole bunch of emotions that were bundled up were released. I cried, I screamed, and got angry, but Bea stayed with me the whole time and comforted me.

It turns out all my church friends were praying for me. They were kind, comforting, and were careful with what they said. They didn’t ask me a lot of questions, but they did give me a lot of hugs, which was just what I needed .I started to go to church again and Bea became my closest friend. Bea and I hang out together after mass on Sundays and basically every day.

           It’s been a year since Jason passed. Bea is now my best friend and today our church is having a small prayer service for him. I miss him a lot my friends are afraid I will never move on. The only people who don’t expect me to move on are Bea and my church friends. Life without Jason can be dull but I still try to have fun. Bea and I go out to the movies and go shopping all the time. Nowadays I don’t think of Jason as much and I know its better that way.

            “Hey Bea!”  “Hi Madeline. Do you want to get your lunch and eat with me in the library?” asked Bea. The library was our favorite place to be. I believe books are the greatest creation. Books fascinate me and give me great pleasure. Bea also is a fan of books but not as much as I am, I can stay at the library forever, while Bea would leave me after the third day. When I am at the library I am in another world within my books, but one day reality struck my fantasies. I never thought the library would be the place where my life changed completely.

           One day while I was at the library a boy who looked a lot like Jason came up to me. “Hi! My name is Jackson I just moved here” he said to me. “Welcome, my name is Madeline” I answered. After we first met I saw him everywhere and every time I saw him, he was looking at me. This went on for about two weeks, and then he finally came up to me again and asked me if I wanted to have lunch with him. I was scared to join him because of Jason, even though it has been three years, but I said yes. Jackson turned out to be really funny and just like Jason. Ever since that lunch we became friends and ate together everyday with Bea. After a few months Jackson convinced me to go out with him. Our first date was awkward at moments, but it went pretty well and his kiss sealed the deal. Jackson and I started dating and we became really close.

            Jackson and I have now been dating for four years and Bea is still my best friend. On occasions I feel wrong when I’m with Jackson because I completely forget about Jason even though I know he would want me to be happy and Jackson is my happiness source. Several years passed and Jackson and I got married and we started our life together. We moved into our dream home and Bea lived next door. Jackson and I grew old together. Then one day my world was over and Heaven with its pearly gates were right in front of me. As I entered Jason appeared in front of me. I was so happy to see him again that I was speechless. Then he said to me “I knew I’d see you happy again. Did you like my friend Jackson?” then at the corner of my eye I saw Jackson walking toward me in the form of an angel “Hello Madeline”.

                                                            THE END