Chapter 1

I jump from foster home to foster home a lot. No one really wants me. Part of it is because I grew up with a mom who done drugs and a dad who left me and my mom because he wanted to live with his other girlfriend and mostly because he was an alcoholic. I went to my first foster home at age six. DSS found me in a room, with my mom high on Heroin, half passed out, and me sitting balled up in a corner, trying my hardest not to get high too. DSS took me, and put me in my first foster home. I think that family was named The Graham's. I was seven when they took me back to foster care. They said I was too much to handle for them to take care of. My second foster home, they were called The Bakers. They gave me back at age nine. My third home, The Kethers, they had one daughter already and me and her didn't get along very well. She was preppy and I wasn't. They took me back to foster care at age eleven. At age fourteen, a family named, The Moore's, took me in. They were way to fancy for me. Although I ate with a silver spoon at their house, I was to 'different' for them, so they gave me back at age seventeen. So here I am now, age seventeen living with seventy-five more foster kids in the same house. My foster care center is named something child-like, The Sunshine Center. I am the oldest here, and the most disliked. I don't have a last name, I disowned my parents, so my name is just Savannah Marie. I change my last name to whatever my foster parent's last name is. I am disliked partially because I get moody a lot, I wear dark makeup, my nails are painted any type of dark color, I have long dark red hair, I have a nose piercing, I have my ears and a lip ring, and because I don't like kids.

Well, its time for me to get to the point of this, with all that being said, I have another interview today. With a family called The Horans. They aren't from here, they are from Ireland, and they moved here to California to start a new life. They have two kids, one is my age, and the other is married with a kid. And speaking of them, here they are now. I looked out the window and saw a black Mercedes pull into the driveway. Out came a mom who looked a bit old, and a dad who was quite fit, for his age I mean. Lastly, a boy came out with blonde-brown hair. He looked about my age; I am guessing he is the one who is my age. I put on a 'nice' dress, its black with a tutu at the bottom, with my black stilettos. I brush through my hair as my foster care parent, the owner of The Sunshine Center, Melody, knocks on my door.

"Savannah, honey, your interviewers are here. I seated them in room number 158. They are really excited to meet you!" Melody says with a cheery voice.

"Until they meet me." I say as I walk down to room number 158. I open the door to see all three of them sitting with smiles on their faces.

"Hey." I say as I sit in the empty chair on the other side of the table in front of them.

"Hello there. My name is Maura Horan. This is my husband Bobby Horan, and this is my son, Niall Horan." Maura says with a smile.

"Hi. My name is Savannah Marie. If you take me in, my last name will be Savannah Marie Horan." I say faking a smile.

"I like your name." Niall says in a deep Irish accent. A tad bit deeper than his fathers.

"Thanks, I guess." I say looking at him. I think I might actually like this family. They seem to like me for who I am.

"Welcome." Niall replies.

"Well, you seem so nice, Savannah. Would you like to be part of our family?" Maura asks me with a smile. I nod, giving them an actual smile. And to be honest, I didn't even know I could smile.

I get up to go get my things. "I can help you." Niall says as he follows me out the door. We reach my room and one of the little kids, Cara stops me in my tracks in the middle of the hallway.

"I will see you soon Vannah!" Cara says. She is only ten, but I can't stand her.

"Move out of my way you little shit." I say as I push her out the way. I hear Niall laugh behind me and we get into my room. I hurry and shut the door and lock it so those annoying kids won't bother me.

"You don't like kids?" Niall laughs as he sits down on my old bed. I shake my head as I get out my suitcase to fill with the small amount of clothes and shoes and whatnots I do have. "Me either. The only kids I like are Lux, one of my mums friends daughters, and Theo, my nephew. You will probably like them too. I can introduce you to them and I can show you my friends, Harry, Zayn, Liam, and Louis." Niall says as I get finished packing my stuff.

"Okay." I say as we get out into the hallway. I am lead out of the foster center into the Mercedes as Maura puts my luggage into the trunk. I hope this family actually keeps me, I actually like this family.