Chapter 1: A loving embrace of cliche tenderness

It is I, the meager little egg, Panchito. You may be wondering, how I could possibly have personal  thoughts and opinions. Well that is a question I have been pondering myself. After my mother, Mama, relized I would never hatch, her salty chicken-duck tears moistened my shell and woke me from my death slumber. 

 It's so cold in this egg and I must be a disapointment to my mother. She went insane after I never hatched, while my brothers and sister were taken away. She spent her time staring at me hoping I would magically hatch. As my life is a tragedy with slightly cliche twists and turns it seems fitting that my mother would be a drunk or dead. Being that we are chickens (with slight duck liniage) we cannot get our wings on alchohol, so she became addicted to rotting apples.

I am but a simple egg. I cannot see anything or hear it clearly but I can sense the presence of everything around me. My day is quite routine you see. I wake to my mother cuddling me to her side. I then feel her stagger drunkly around. Finally she cuddles me until the next morning. This morning was different though. Mama was shouting for her other children, for the first time in their 3 week life.